old Miller spool gun wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New gun

Can you tell me if you are aware of a new gun that would plug and play onto our current old control drive box?

Comment

really, just best to pull the guns circuit board (taking a pic of where the wires go) and send it in for overhaul. Any tv repair place can do it, as its a very simple board. Supply them the tech specs on it. If you cant find them, I can supply the manual.

Comment

the gas line

In the process of dismantling the circuit board, the brittle plastic gas line broke. Is that part available?

Comment

Yup.

http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...16&search.y=11

That's the gas hose kit for the older Spoolmatic guns.
          MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
          *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL
          Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
          http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            In the process of dismantling the circuit board, the brittle plastic gas line broke. Is that part available?
            I seem to remember that some of the early ones had a generic clear vinyl line inside the gun about 6 inches long...
            They yellow, get milkey looking and brittle with age...

if it is one of those... you could buy some hose at just about any hardware store for a couple of bucks..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

spool gun

Thanks for the great advice..I have the gas line fixed..just following Cruzers advice to pull the circuit board and take it in for repair ..need the specs on the board, to relay to the repair guy if possible

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Thanks for the great advice..I have the gas line fixed..just following Cruzers advice to pull the circuit board and take it in for repair ..need the specs on the board, to relay to the repair guy if possible
                out of curiosity...

how did you repair the gas line..??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

gas line

The brittle plastic line broke off in the orifice of the actuator gadget so I carefully drilled the plastic out of the hole and reattached the line. Haven't tried reassembling the gun to see if the line will flex enough to fit properly, but if not I will attempt to buy some new 1/4 inch plastic tubing and attach that. The biggest worry for me was if that hole would drill out properly, which it did.

Comment

circuit board

The current loggerhead is that the circuit board must be fried because the wire feed drive does not respond to the reostat...it drives only at high speed.

Comment

cruzer

Wondering if Cruzer has the specs for the spool gun circuit board

Comment

Owners manual, spoolmatic 1/c has the info you need

Comment

Working...
                        X