old Miller spool gun wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old Miller spool gun wiring

I have a CP 200 with a spool gun..rewired from the panel to the gun but forgot to mark the color codes..any ideas on which wires feed the colored wires? The control box corresponding wires (there's four) are marked #25, #45, #46..and no marking

Going to guess its a spool gun 1 or 2. Soooo, why should I guess.... And I don't know which of several CP200's it is
    Last edited by cruizer; 03-08-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the ignorance and lack of information. Tell me what info you need and I'll get it. I don't know if it's a spool gun 1or 2, but I'll send you the model and serial number off of both the CP 200 and the spool gun control box. I did get the gun to feed and weld by trial and error, but the variable control for wire feed speed doesn't work (it just feeds at top speed.

Sincerely
      Dave

Comment

The Miller CP 200 has the following numbers: the model of the spool gun control box is WC-1..the serial# is hj204930..cp-200 serial number is JA 439538..let me know if that helps. The original wires coming out of the spool gun are colored white, brown,black, and what looks like red or purple. The numbered wires inside the control box that feed the four prong pin are #25, #45,#46, and an unnumbered wire.

Comment

OK, the CP200 has 2 plugs, one for power, and 1 for contactor control.

So what Are we doing, this install, or the spool gun to the WC-1?

The colors if the gun wiring are black brown red white, which go to A,C,B,D respectively.

In the WC-1,
          #45 goes to A
          #25 goes to B
          #46 goes to C
          #23 goes to D
          Last edited by cruizer; 03-12-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

spool gun

Thank you..I have relied several times now but either am missing how to obtain a response or mine has not sent. So here goes again. I wired according to your instructions and it feeds and welds. However the wire still feeds at to speed. Could just be a coincidence? It worked fine before all this. Anyway..thanks for your help.

Comment

corrections

Should be 'replied'..and should read 'top' speed

Comment

OK, lets see,,,,, Everything says its the motor control board in the gun

Comment

motor control board

Can the control board issue be addressed?

Comment

not over the net... probably got pooched when the wiring was confused. All you can do is open it up and look for smoke damage, likely going to be a fizzled diode.

Comment

regards

Thanks again for all your help...you sure know what you're doing..

Comment

New board

Could I get a new control board? (I've got it apart)..or what does a new gun cost?

Comment

Yeah... no, that gun is like 35 years old ish. might find one on ebay, but most of them are trashed by now.

Comment

New

Any suggestions on purchasing a reasonably priced new spool gun?

Comment

New

Is it possible to just purchase a new gun that would attach to this CP 200 and the accessory control box?

Comment

Working...
                              X