Lincoln WP 250 G9 PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln WP 250 G9 PRO

Soooo, I found this Lincoln WP 250 G9 PRO and got it for free. A hot battery, fresh gas, disconnecting the frozen choke and a little 'whiff' -- she started right up after many, many years of laying in a yard uncovered. Function/Amps switches were frozen but freed up after some work with the hood off. The only thing that is not working properly now is the low idle function; when the switch is thrown the machine dies after cycling down. New plugs made no difference.

My BIG question is: does anyone have knowledge about how to hook up a miller 30A spoolgun to this machine? From a wire clamp on the lower rt hand corner comes out 2 lines of SO cord, one with a 2 prong twistlok and the other a cut-off three wire. This, I assume, was to run a L-25 or such. I have a PSA-2 control and a WC-24 to work with.

And what is the machine running for auxillary 120 vac power / frequency (Hz) high idle no load

Comment

By all means listen to Cruizer...

This manual might be helpful too... does it match your code number..??

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...oln3/im358.pdf

if not.. enter your code number here..

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...r-manuals.aspx

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
        And what is the machine running for auxillary 120 vac power / frequency (Hz) high idle no load
        I don't have a multi with a Hz function, I'll try and locate one.

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
          This manual might be helpful too... does it match your code number..??
          Thanks, that is the manual that I already downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Yofish View Post
            My BIG question is: does anyone have knowledge about how to hook up a miller 30A spoolgun to this machine? From a wire clamp on the lower rt hand corner comes out 2 lines of SO cord, one with a 2 prong twistlok and the other a cut-off three wire. This, I assume, was to run a L-25 or such. I have a PSA-2 control and a WC-24 to work with.
            I can't help you with the first part of your question, but the use of a WC-115 with contactor will allow you to use a 30A spoolgun with any Miller or non-Miller engine drive, assuming it is CV capable. All you need are the welder power leads, plus a 115 plug-in somewhere, the 115 doesn't even have to be at the engine drive.
            Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Unit has a built in contactor, and its not a biggy to wire in the PSA2

Comment

boug

Comment

bought 2x psa2,s one xr feeder need gun , there are 2 on ebay, one is new and 1300, xr aluma pro, i am suspicious, even Bakergas is over 1800

Comment

Working...
                  X