Dynasty 200DX Protective Cover???!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200DX Protective Cover???!?

I just bought a new Dynasty 200DX unit, and so far I love it, haven't had a chance to put it through its paces yet. I'm really glad someone talked me into spending the extra couple of bucks instead of getting the Maxstar 200. I have a question though, I am looking for one of the custom protective covers (blue canvas?) like miller makes for their larget units and plasma cutters. Do they make one specifically for, or at least one that nicely fits the Dynasty??? It looks so pretty and I don't even want it to get dirty .
    Thanks in Advance
    Brian

Brian,

My dealer ordered a Spectrum 625 cover by accident and I bought and have it on my Dynasty. It is a tight fit but works. The Spectrum 2050 cover actually fits the Dynasty 200DX pretty good. No matter what cover you use the tig torch & work lead on the front and the gas hose on the back will stickout and hinder complete coverage of the lower portion of the unit. These new Miller covers are not canvas, but seem to work quite well. I am old fashioned and have a, dragged through the sticks old re-sewn, canvas cover on my engine drive.

If neither of these ideas appeal, then takes some measurements and oversize them for the torch, etc and have a canvas shop make you one. Don't us a plastic cover as they do not breathe and will gather moisture on your unit.

See attached file for pictures. You need Win Zip, etc and Adobe Acrobat 6.0. My apologies for the lack of picture quality. It is hard to attach a quality picture when limited to 100kb file size. It is possible, but I don't currently have all my software installed and up to date.

I hope this helps
    Attached Files

Comment

Trouble with pdf's

My acrobat reader is having trouble reading your pdf. Can you please repost as jpg's or a zipped file with the pictures. I really like the oem canvas covers with logo, and nice color, I pack my tig seperately (in the blue hard box). so I really want something just to keep the dust out and the scratches off.
      Thanks
      Brian

Comment

This is a picture of the 2050 cover from the BR Welding Ebay site.

Sorry IMG code is turned off on this forum but the link will show you the picture.

Bob Sigmon
        Bob Sigmon
        A/O Setup with Meco Midget
        Miller Big Window Elite
        Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Brian,

Sorry for the problem. Try this .zip

This is the Spectrum 625 cover on the Dynasty.
          Attached Files

Comment

So if keeping the gas input hose and torch disconnected from the unit, and transported separately, which is a better cover for the dynasty, The 2050 or the 625?? Also my dealer told me that the dynasty includes a memory feature to remember 4 different sets of settings, but I don't see a memory button on this unit, anyone know about this?
            Thanks
            Brian

Comment

Your dealer is mis informed. The Dynasty 300 DX has such a feature. The D200SD or DX never did have it-not even the black box prototypes had this. There have been rumors floating around. The truth is the Dynasty 200 series never had the memory button or an easily accessible preflow adjustment control. The preflow can be adjusted from the internal menu described in your operator's manual. I hope this helps. The 625 cover works great with the front connections undone for the gas, torch, and work lead.

Comment

Working...
              X