Syncrowave 250 LEM conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 250 LEM conversion

I have an early Syncrowave 250 (JK618511) that has a bad board. I was told by a Miller Tech that it's not worth repairing / replacing the board and I should consider converting to from shunt to a LEM device. The tech says this is a $700 job. My question is can I do this myself ? And if so, can anyone recommend where to go to purchase the kit necessary (as well as detailed instructions, if there is any) to do the job ? Or should I have the tech do it ?

Thanks, Scot

I guess, though still relatively pointless. Merely clean the amp shunt, and have the board fixed. Should not be a pricey repair. All your introducing is more electronic problems really.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      I guess, though still relatively pointless. Merely clean the amp shunt, and have the board fixed. Should not be a pricey repair. All your introducing is more electronic problems really.
      Thanks Cruizer, can you recommend any place that I can send the board to to be repaired ?
      Scot

Comment

Www.plccenter.com

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          thank you

Comment

I sent mine to radwell a couple years ago. They were never able to fully fix it but, it is better. The LCD panel would not show the correct amperage setting. Just bounce all over the place. After they sent it back to me it still bounced was not stable in stick mode but after 30 secs or so in trig mode it showed a stable amperage. Not sure why they could not fix it. I hope you have better luck.

For what its worth it does weld. I marked the sticker with the amperages and adjust it that way. It looks to just be a lcd problem.
            Last edited by pascone10; 02-19-2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I just got my board back from Radwell. They replaced a couple capacitors and re-soldered a few spots. It was fully tested and checks out ok. I just put it back in and the machine will not strike an arc. The high frequency comes on and it starts to strike in but never fully starts the arc. Anyone have any thoughts ?

Comment

Update : I had new pair of points so I put them in and gapped them to .008". The machine strikes in perfect on panel and responds to the dial. On remote it also strikes in perfect but has no response to the foot pedal even when pushed all the way down. I have tried a different foot pedal that I know is good, and got the same results.

Comment

Working...
                X