Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobcat 225G Plus dies when it goes into slow idle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    ethanol gas strikes again..try to find pure gasoline. Espically if the welder sits for periods of time. With fuel stabil pure gas will last 2-3 years. There is no treatment for ethanol gas which will preserve it past 6 months to a year. Some ethanol gas lasts less than that. Also drain all the old gas out unless you want to clean the carb again.
    kevin
    Oh but an additive for ethanol does exist! Lucas makes this snake oil..
    I will get the name for you tomorrow!
    Also, I think Berryman's makes a stabilizer for ethanol...

Griff

P.s.
    Just saw the qualifier for "past 6 months". My bad. I will still get the names for my mentioned stuff.

Griff

Comment

ethanol treatment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
      Oh but an additive for ethanol does exist! Lucas makes this snake oil..
      I will get the name for you tomorrow!
      Also, I think Berryman's makes a stabilizer for ethanol...

Griff

P.s.
      Just saw the qualifier for "past 6 months". My bad. I will still get the names for my mentioned stuff.

Griff
      There is not an ethanol treatment which will stop the two probelms with ethanol, phase seperation, and water absorbtion. If ethanol sits it seperates from the gasoline and turns to water, since water is heavier than fuel, it gets sucked up first by the fuel tank pickup, then mixes in the carb, then bad things happen.....or in humid enviroments it sucks the water from the air and again fuel becomes stale.
      Addtives may help, but they will not prevent this from happening. I work on equipmemt for a living, i have tried them all. Simply put buy non ethanol gas if you plan on storing something for over 6 months!
      Lincoln ranger 305g x2
      Ln25
      Miller spectrum 625
      Miller 30a spoolgun
      Wc115a
      Lincoln 210mp
      F550 imt service truck

Comment

Working...
      X