X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevedollar
    replied
    Serial Nummbers

The radiator is finally running fine on outside 110VAC. Put a seal gasket in t he pump and cured the leaks. No problems with now at all. I could not find a serial number anywhere.I could not find a serial number on the welder either. I was told it was made in 1984. I was looking at wiring hookup and it may have been wirred 460V. Hmmm... If so, would that not cause my 110VAC panel to be only 62VAC. Seems that would be since feeding it 220 and if it was expecting 440 then the 110 panel would only be given 63V-Right?Steve

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Serials..?? Please....

Originally posted by stevedollar View Post
    Just bought an eBay Synchrowaave 300. Never TIG welding and only basic on MIG. Machine in pretty good condition but..Cooler water was nasty and pump stuck, cleaned and ran until more gunk in the lines and blew the fuse. Right now, no cooler (possible problem)No weld current, 110 relay appears fine but am replacing. The cooler motor worked at first then it blew the fuse or circuit breaker (not sure which). High freq slugs were almost closed shut and I set them to 0.040. The 110 voltage is only 62 volts, seems half voltage but why. Doesn't the 110 come from one leg of the 220? Yet the 220 measures correctly.I don't expect any weld current with the 110 at low voltage but I tried anyway and I hear the high freq start I think.Does anyone have any suggestions about the low 110 voltage? What needs to be replaced or repaired.
    Could you post the serial number of the welder and of the TIG cooler...??
    there have been MANY variations.. and the serials help us know what we are looking at..

also... you can download the correct manuals for them by plugging in the serial numbers here..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

Leave a comment:

• stevedollar
    started a topic Help with Synchrowave 300

Help with Synchrowave 300

Just bought an eBay Synchrowaave 300. Never TIG welding and only basic on MIG. Machine in pretty good condition but..Cooler water was nasty and pump stuck, cleaned and ran until more gunk in the lines and blew the fuse. Right now, no cooler (possible problem)No weld current, 110 relay appears fine but am replacing. The cooler motor worked at first then it blew the fuse or circuit breaker (not sure which). High freq slugs were almost closed shut and I set them to 0.040. The 110 voltage is only 62 volts, seems half voltage but why. Doesn't the 110 come from one leg of the 220? Yet the 220 measures correctly.I don't expect any weld current with the 110 at low voltage but I tried anyway and I hear the high freq start I think.Does anyone have any suggestions about the low 110 voltage? What needs to be replaced or repaired.
Working...
X