i am looking to buy a tig welder what one should i get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am looking to buy a tig welder what one should i get

i'm between a miller 180 tig and a lincold square wave 175. it doesn't matter about one having a stick capability,i'm just wondering what one is the best to get for a tig welder. thanks troy

Have you tried using the search function to research these?

This is a Miller site so which one do you think most people will recommend?

Having said that I used to own a Lincoln tig 175. Great machine for it's size & it stick welded too.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

precision tig 225 or 185 is hard to beat as far as a smooth arc , had 180 syncro than a 250 syncro, the 180 was ok /good, 250 was nothing but issues first of new gen. syncros. {latest** I know this is a Miller site but im slowly turning red with no support from manufacture other than people on there own time trying to help, don't even ask about my dynasty 200 2003 model a paper weight since new, took it to factory repair shop and was told that's how inverters are til out of warranty than bad board than buy the new blue lightning, still pray every time I flip the switch but it is nice when it works, venting over but I will still say {argue**the Lincolns have better arcs. in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pat h View Post
        precision tig 225 or 185 is hard to beat as far as a smooth arc , had 180 syncro than a 250 syncro, the 180 was ok /good, 250 was nothing but issues first of new gen. syncros. {latest** I know this is a Miller site but im slowly turning red with no support from manufacture other than people on there own time trying to help, don't even ask about my dynasty 200 2003 model a paper weight since new, took it to factory repair shop and was told that's how inverters are til out of warranty than bad board than buy the new blue lightning, still pray every time I flip the switch but it is nice when it works, venting over but I will still say {argue**the Lincolns have better arcs. in my opinion.
        I hope your welding is better than your spelling and grammar because they are both atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by pat h View Post
          Your experience is highly unusual and way out of the norm...sorry to hear it..

in my case .... I have had excellent experience with Miller welders since I started to weld in 1968...
          I would not have invested in the Miller equipment I have now if my experience were not positive
          This is not blind brand loyalty... but born over many years and thousands of hours having run about every brand out there...
          Think you will find many of similar opinion..

Hope this was not a cynical attempt to trash the brand...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
            Your experience is highly unusual and way out of the norm...sorry to hear it..

in my case .... I have had excellent experience with Miller welders since I started to weld in 1968...
            I would not have invested in the Miller equipment I have now if my experience were not positive
            This is not blind brand loyalty... but born over many years and thousands of hours having run about every brand out there...
            Think you will find many of similar opinion..

Hope this was not a cynical attempt to trash the brand...
            no not an attempt at all really like my xmt very much and my 150sth is great on tig but not so much on stick used handful of 150s maxstars on different jobs and they had better stick performance than my sth maybe to much in to little, ya me gammer and spiling be not so oke bit I bee git buy al rite

Comment

Working...
            X