Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Dynasty 300 DX have any particular reliability problems ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cickavage
    replied
    I've seen a $2500 computer chip burn out in one just past warranty. It's hard to beat a syncrowave. 400 pounds of tough american made copper.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Doty View Post
    Dare I ask opinions about my MM 251
    I know this post is old, but we all know what happened to the MM251. It became the MM252 and went downhill from there. Talking about the position of the gun coming from the machine. Bad idea because the ones i ran for 5 years you worked off a bench or ladder and lost some gun length because of it pointed down. Just my thoughts...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Doug Doty
    replied
    Originally posted by cruizer View Post
    Very thin membrane, just works better than most. To free the keys up, however if you have something different, perhaps you could suggest something else.
    I would only advise that the plastic often used in these types of applications has some polycarbonate basis and it is very low on chemical resistance so stay away from any thing petroleum or ammonia based also as it is in most window cleaners. Just read the cans. That's all I could add from my experience.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Very thin membrane, just works better than most. To free the keys up, however if you have something different, perhaps you could suggest something else.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Doty
    replied
    Wow, tire foam on the front panel !! seriously ?? what happens that causes this to help, I only ask cause I am a plastics guy by trade ??

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Just keep the front panel moist (I mentioned tire foam). and it'll likely last quite a while.

I like the 251. Nice machine. Very little to go wrong, Just blow it out once in a while and put dielectric grease in all the molex board fittings to prevent corrosion.

Really just basic maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Doty
    replied
    Have you ever asked a question and then wished you had not, after hearing the answers. !!

It really hurt my feelings having that original issue when it was new and under under warranty, after paying that much for it. I think I give $6500 for it as a tig runner package and now it takes $9500 to buy the 350 to replace it, hard to want to give Miller my money after reading the responses. Mine is super low time. I built a chrome moly tube chassis drag car and a small custom aluminum pontoon boat and other than that it is just occasional use. Found some paperwork saying I got it in 2007, was thinking it was a couple years older but I used the 200 dx for a while and then sold it here and traded up. I was just thinking about upgrading to the next step in the line and features but with this reputation I doubt my resale value will make it very tempting. It runs good for now so maybe it will last till they put out their next turd and I can buy it. Dare I ask opinions about my MM 251

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Boat anchor, lol, sounds like my saying but yet while the 300 is based on the xmt 304,CC its got a bunch of misc parts thrown into it. though 90 % of the time its a front board issue. The switch membranes just didn't last. Faulty programming certainly didn't help matters. No error codes and its ALWAYS the front board. The reg XMT is the same way though just not as much.

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Doty View Post
    I have belonged here 7-8 years and don't post often but recently have been doing some additional welding and when coming here I recently noticed the two threads with Dynasty 300 issues and that seemed a little peculiar. I have had mine for years and it was in the service center 1 time back when new and I can not remember for sure what the issue was, maybe a HF start issue. I am just curious since it happens to be the machine I have and use, I love welding with it either way. I am a hobby welder so I tig almost everything even if the mig was more suited for the job as I don't need mig practice but will never get enough tig time to be the welder I want to be.

Well I was going to wait and let the others chime in but no response yet. From reading the past posts on the forum I've gathered that the Dynasty 300dx had a short production run. Which now translates to very few repair parts if you have a break down. And, because of this reason, if you experience problems sometimes your machine will be better served as a boat anchor. "Boat Anchor" as a quote from a well respected Tech/Poster. hope that helps and hope my info is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Does the Dynasty 300 DX have any particular reliability problems ??

I have belonged here 7-8 years and don't post often but recently have been doing some additional welding and when coming here I recently noticed the two threads with Dynasty 300 issues and that seemed a little peculiar. I have had mine for years and it was in the service center 1 time back when new and I can not remember for sure what the issue was, maybe a HF start issue. I am just curious since it happens to be the machine I have and use, I love welding with it either way. I am a hobby welder so I tig almost everything even if the mig was more suited for the job as I don't need mig practice but will never get enough tig time to be the welder I want to be.
Working...
X