Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruizer
    replied
    I know alot about every machine, however, I either get parts direct, or from vintage parts. Basically I provide tech support. I run a repair depot, doesn't take long for me to fix stuff as I've seen it all before. I learn a lot here so am on here quite a bit. Running off a 63" screen at work, so easy to pull up diagrams and figure pRoblems out .

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    you seem to know so much about these machine, I thought you might know where to know where to find another board or a place that can fix them.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    So I'm done, Whats with the question marks? I told you what was wrong from the beginning, up to you to find a board...

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    ???????????????????

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    Well I had the machine looked at by a professional and they wanted to charge me $1200 to fix this board or get a new one, is that right?

Do you know of anywhere that I can get a new board?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    PC-3 is trashed

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    welder works on stick mode but nothing else. nothing on lift arc either. Cruizer what could be the problem

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    I haven't got to try the tig on lift arc yet but I will on Sat. If the tig will work on lift arc what could it be then and then what if it doesn't what could be the problem?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Originally posted by ktm505sx View Post
    No I havnt tried that. The machine is at my dads house he looking at it metering all the boards.
    He'll likely do more damage that anything good, unless he has a anti-static mat and a tracker. Metering out the boards is simply a bad thing, without the correct tools, and schematics.

If you don't try the basic stuff I tell you to do, all the diagnostics in the world will not help. I've been repairing all sorts of machines for the last 23 years, and have warranty status for every brand. $$$Factory courses galour.
    Last edited by cruizer; 02-05-2015, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    No I havnt tried that. The machine is at my dads house he looking at it metering all the boards.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Have you tried scatch starting in tig, or lift arc??

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    I set the machine on stick and it works fine, just doesn't work on Tig.

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    OK, if I do a reset and still doesn't work, where can I find a new board?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    You look in your owners manual under reset.........

Leave a comment:

• ktm505sx
    replied
    No, I didnt do a reset how do I do that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X