Which Mig welder is right for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mig welder is right for me?

I have the Miller Synrowave 250DX with a Coolmate 3 now. I'm looking to upgrade and get a mig machine. My only thing is I see 3 of them that I'm interested in. The three that I'm interested in are 212, 252, and the 350. With the prices ranging from $2000-$5000 I might need to figure out if the extra expense of the 350 is worth it. Also with that being said is the 212 big enough for what I need? I already have a hobart 135 basicly the same as the 140. I need to be able to do 38/-1/2steel and probably 1/4 aluminum but you guys know how it goes sometimes you have something thicker that needs to be done!!!

Millermatic 350 P

I have had a Millermatic 350P for several years now and it has been up to whatever I asked of it...
    The MM350P is a 400amp machine and is an exceptionally capable and versatile MIG machine..
    for aluminum as well as steel..

Would I spend the extra on it if I had it to do over ..??

YOU BET...!!! In a Heartbeat..!!...

It was well worth it for me... but we all have different needs, priorities and budgets...
    Last edited by H80N; 01-14-2015, 12:33 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The 350P is very nice and does an exceptional job on aluminum with the pulse setting.
      sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
      Millermatic 350P
      30A Spoolgun
      Lincoln Pro Mig 140
      Hypertherm Powermax 30
      14" Rage Evolution dry saw
      40 ton press brake
      Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

skip the 212 immediately. You are talking mega bucks difference between the 252 and the 350. It depends on what you plan on using it for. Do you have enough power to run the 350 ?

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
          skip the 212 immediately. You are talking mega bucks difference between the 252 and the 350. It depends on what you plan on using it for. Do you have enough power to run the 350 ?
          Power for the MM350P is no big deal..

it only needs 61 Amps @ 230 vac Single Phase for full output of 400 amps

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/DC12-51.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I would hope I have enough power. I have 200 amp service coming into the garage!!!

Comment

Working...
            X