• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gnforge
    replied
    lincoln tig module

Just buy used dynasty & plug in bobcat.
    About the only easy way to make a good tig Michine with a bobcat.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by tommy2069 View Post
    well heck you just shot my tig dreams to crap.lmao guess i'll just have to scratch start til i get the funds for tig setup.
    Sorry....

figured you would like to know before you threw a bunch of money at it...

still doable but a lot more involved than might be fun...

the Bobcat was just not equipped with remote capability...

now a Trailblazer would get you a lot closer....
    Last edited by H80N; 01-15-2015, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    well heck you just shot my tig dreams to crap.lmao guess i'll just have to scratch start til i get the funds for tig setup.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    i might be wronge but i think i would have control to turn up or turn down amperage with the foot pedal hooked to it and also the curent control on the box to get it close to what i need to weld. at work we have a tig torch that we scratch start with it's ok for a emergency but this box should give me control of the amperage am i right?
    Sorry.... think you are SOL on controlling current on a Miller Bobcat with that Lincoln box ...
    Can see nothing in the parts list that will actually control the current..

no magamp... no chopper assy...

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...coln1/p252.pdf

reading the owners manual posted earlier will help you grasp the reality of it..

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...oln3/im528.pdf

Besides... the Bobcat is NOT equipped with the 14pin remote connector...

you may have had a chance of cobbling it with a Miller Trailblazer.... but really difficult with the Bobcat..
    Many of the Lincoln products require a machine specific "Remote Kit" in order to function
    Last edited by H80N; 01-15-2015, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    i might be wronge but i think i would have control to turn up or turn down amperage with the foot pedal hooked to it and also the curent control on the box to get it close to what i need to weld. at work we have a tig torch that we scratch start with it's ok for a emergency but this box should give me control of the amperage am i right?

Leave a comment:

• Tryagn5
    replied
    was gonna run it off my bobcat 250 . i have a miller spool gun i use for aluminum and the only thing i would be missing is a nice tig setup to run off the bobcat.i have small bottles of argon c/25 and trimix that i use rather than tote a big bottle around this way i can have everything i need on the road.
    Bobcat will be a very poor tig machine on thinner material, there will be no voltage/amp control, basically you will be a fixed amp. It will be difficult to begin the arc as it will be either to cold, or to hot, as when i tig aluminum i start hot then back off the pedal as the piece heats up...kinda a waste of money to use a bobcat as a tig machine.....
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    was gonna run it off my bobcat 250 . i have a miller spool gun i use for aluminum and the only thing i would be missing is a nice tig setup to run off the bobcat.i have small bottles of argon c/25 and trimix that i use rather than tote a big bottle around this way i can have everything i need on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Tryagn5
    replied
    good idea meltedmetal i would rather stay blue although i have two small lincoln migs the majority of my stuff is blue.
    If u could byy them for under 200, then yes some money could be made, but...hf251 rarely sell for more then 500...so doubt someone is going to pay more than that...Also how many newer welders come with ac where this could be used for tig?
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    good idea meltedmetal i would rather stay blue although i have two small lincoln migs the majority of my stuff is blue.

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    The Lincoln Tig module looks to be more or less the Lincoln equivalent of the Miller HF 251D. You might want to check e-bay to see what they both are going for before you part with your cash. If you click "more refinements" then "show only" then "completed listings" you can sometimes see what someone else was actually prepared to pay or establish a range. Just now there is one used for $950 and one for bids with 1 bid of $200 that has not met the reserve.
    ---Meltedmetal

Leave a comment:

• gnforge
    replied
    lincoln tig module

Haha. Same for me H80N. Buy high & sell low has been the way of life, not by choice just seems to work out that way.
    So like you, I buy & use, just works better for me that way I can make money with it.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    As far as making money buying and selling...

I have always been a great buyer.. but could not sell to save my life...

So I just buy stuff that I can actually use..

Hope you do better...

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    this might be a all time first where some gets a good deal at a pawn shop

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Yup... same item...

this link is for the manual..

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...oln3/im528.pdf