trialblazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trialblazer

thanks for the response about the TB and suitcase so far they have worked real good i repair alot of heavy equipment in the fieldthe suitcase make field repair alot faster thanks marinelift

marinelift,

I guess your line of business does not afford the opportunity to run short arc GMAW. If you do any of this in .035 or .045 ER70S-6, let me know how the VS suitcase performs.

Comment

I am running E71T 0.035 it has worked real good but does tend to have alot of splatter but that could be me . Still trying to getit dialed in or better yet get my self dialed in all in all it has been very good I do alot of trailors and heavy equipment and if you turn the heat down you can do 22 ga if it is good clean metal

Comment

marinelift,

I have found excessive spatter with E71T-1 positional welds can be the brand of wire. I have had good luck with Lincoln Innershield.
        I have some buddies who use the higher dollar wires like Bohler and swear by them. I try to stay middle of the road because customers don't understand the sudden price increase.

Comment

HAWK as always is on track.

There are a lot of qualitiy issues around wire manufacture even when the wire has the same designation. I also have found Lincoln wire to be of fine quality. The ER70S-6 they produce runs and wets out nice. I don't run the E71T-1 as much as most of you but when I have run it, the Trailblazer liked it just fine.

On the same note, I have also found a marked difference in TIG tungsten producers. Even the size varied with some that I have tried to where I had trouble getting it in the collet. I guess in an effort to make things cheaper in everything we buy, there inevitably comes a sacrifice of quality that we as consumers must bear. What bothers me is that when a substandard consumable causes a machine to run poorly, the owner usually blames the machine. It's nice to get real feedback on consumables as some of our new guests and beginners could benefit from some blunt recommendations. Sorry about the ramble.(pet pieve i guess)

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X