X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ttppoopp
    replied
    Frank -

No you shouldn't keep it. Give it to me. Just kidding. Should it stay or should it go ? .... you're the only one that can answer that question.

Maybe this will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0iuoj-KNU

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaDave
    replied
    I like having a stick welder around - especially when I accidentally run outta mig wire.

But, like others have said, it depends on whether you actually will use it.

I get attached to equipment though, so it's hard for me to sell anything

Leave a comment:

• snowbird
    replied
    Every time i got rid of something i ended up needing it shortly after.

For the places too tight where the mig gun can't reach, for the rusty/painted surfaces for windy days...

A stick machine is kinda life saver, wish not to use but comforting to have

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied
    You could use it to learn scratch-start TIG that you can use on steel. Fairly cheap to get setup. I started with my Tbolt and now have a Syncrowave that I use more than my 211.

Just saying . . .

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I agree with MMW, make space for a tool that you will use, I cant remeber the last time I arc welded in my shop other than to do some weld testing, However out in the field when ever up high it is still an essential piece of equipment.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    To answer your question directly, no reason to keep it.

To me shop space is worth more than an unused tool. You said you haven't used it except once, before you had the 211. To me that means it never gets used so sell it & pocket the money or put it towards something that will get used.
    Last edited by MMW; 01-05-2015, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Can You Weld This For Me?
    replied
    To me it just depends on how much you paid for the TBolt when you got it. I see them for sale for $250-$350 AC/DC in good condition. If you bought it for $500 and are going to sell it for way less, I say keep it. If you bought it for $250 and can get close to that back out of it, sell it.

Just going by your own hobby welder description of your use; sounds like the 211 should do all you need it to.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank R View Post
    I am a hobby welder. I have a Millermatic 211 that I use on occasion; not that often.

I also have a Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC that I only used once to put casters on my sand blast cabinet, before I owned the mig welder.

I have a small garage and I could use the space.

Is there any reason I should keep the stick welder?
    Never get rid of a good stick machine. You will run on to a project that will be beyond the capacity of the little 211

Leave a comment:

• Frank R
    started a topic Should I keep my stick welder?

Should I keep my stick welder?

I am a hobby welder. I have a Millermatic 211 that I use on occasion; not that often.

I also have a Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC that I only used once to put casters on my sand blast cabinet, before I owned the mig welder.

I have a small garage and I could use the space.

Is there any reason I should keep the stick welder?
Working...
X