Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MinnesotaDave
    replied
    One of these flush mounted styles would be easy to build and install - just have to make sure it also attaches to the center wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flush-securing-pocket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	516937

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaDave
    replied
    Originally posted by shortarc View Post
    This was probably done by the same engineer that decided when they brought out the TB 325 that the AC capability was no longer needed.
    Of course it's no longer needed - the dealer will happily sell you a dynasty to plug into the TB325 LOL

Leave a comment:

• shortarc
    replied
    This was probably done by the same engineer that decided when they brought out the TB 325 that the AC capability was no longer needed.

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    Gotcha! I didnt understand the half moon cut. I also forgot that the hood opens up at the halfway line, leaving no room.
    I wonder if a drop down bail might work?

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaDave
    replied
    Originally posted by walker View Post
    What I meant was the center structural panel down the middle that the eye was attached to on the mm200. I would think that you could punch out a slot, slip the eye through it and screw to that frame panel, but I have never had the hood off of a newer one.
    I agree, but the cover opens there too on my mm210, so a half-moon relief cut would also be needed - or it needs to slip down through the slot when not in use.

Still pretty easy though.

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    What I meant was the center structural panel down the middle that the eye was attached to on the mm200. I would think that you could punch out a slot, slip the eye through it and screw to that frame panel, but I have never had the hood off of a newer one.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaDave
    replied
    I still think it would be cheap and easy to have continued including them.

Just a stingy oversight in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Can You Weld This For Me?
    replied
    Originally posted by walker View Post
    Do the newer machines not have that center divider that the eye was mounted on like the MM200?
    No dice.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	516935

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	516936

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Walker, My current Push pull Cobra 260 mig aluminum mig welder has a lifting lug so we lift it with the bottle on.

When doing steel I have XMT 304 with a S-22 P12 suitcase feeder that I have to use, However there are times when we need to have 2 migs inside the box so we run our suitcase feeders in off the truck instead of being able to use the Miller Vintage or my new 252.

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    I like having it on my MM200 and Sync. It would be a pain to load them otherwise. Whenever I need to weld up high I just use an LN-25. Bit of a pain if you don't already have the right machine to run it from in the shop, but certainly easier to maneuver. Are you using gas when doing this? If so, how are you attaching the bottle?
    Do the newer machines not have that center divider that the eye was mounted on like the MM200?

Leave a comment:

• WillieB
    replied
    The day I bought my MM252 I said this is ridiculous, it needs an eye. As there isn't a good way to install one, I promised myself I'd build a cage. I haven't yet done it. We now load it in a pickup by rolling it into a loader bucket. a lifting eye would be easier, and safer.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Walker, Many of us have the MM units and dont want the bigger units that have a feeder on top because we have to roll them around in limited space to weld around gravel trains etc. where a fixed rotating boom wouldnt solve the problem, many of us have a hilo or a overhead crane and a lift lug on top would come in very handy, I would certainly pay another $ 50.00 for that option that I had on my old MM 200

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
    Charge us a couple dollars more and put lifting eyes on so I can lift the machines up in the air to weld over the sides of trucks and things of this nature.
    That is why they make feeders and booms. So yes, they do make them, and it cost just a tiny bit more than a few bucks.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ries_swingarc/

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaDave
    replied
    I think a recessed folding lift eye would be awesome

Or, a cheaper alternative is a fixed lift eye, with a matching half moon cutout in the lid.

Leave a comment:

• oldmachinenut
    replied
    My Dialarc HF-P has one too, it needs one!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X