control board schematic for heliwelder IV 1341-0176 code 665

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• control board schematic for heliwelder IV 1341-0176 code 665

Does anyone have the control board schematic (the PC Board that drives the triac that saturates the control winding on the SX reactor).

Unlikely your going to find one, as Hobart (when it was actually Hobart) listed some shematics. But all manuals were destroyed.

Esab bought everything over 200 amp when hobart folded, and T-dyne bought everything under 200 amp. ITW got the name and some other stuff. Esab NEVER posted a schematic on pretty much anything important.

Super secret don't ya know...lol

Comment

control board

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      Unlikely your going to find one, as Hobart (when it was actually Hobart) listed some shematics. But all manuals were destroyed.

Esab bought everything over 200 amp when hobart folded, and T-dyne bought everything under 200 amp. ITW got the name and some other stuff. Esab NEVER posted a schematic on pretty much anything important.

Super secret don't ya know...lol
      Cruizer

An update

I discovered the old school voltage regulator on the board (the MC7812) had failed and was putting almost +30 volts on the +12 volt dc buss on the board. This probably fried some other board components. I have purchased and am waiting for all the more voltage sensitive components for the board. I have already rigged up a better piggy-backed regulator for the control board.

The regulator I installed is a small, more efficient switching regulator board (which is fail safe) based on an LM2596S chip that can be set for any output voltage up to 30+ volts (as long as the input voltage is ~2 volts higher than the required output) can deliver as much as 3 amps and doesn't require a heat sink for up to 1 amp. it is not much bigger than a postage stamp. I have used them on many projects in the past and they have never let me down. There are many sources for these on ebay if you ever have a need.

I will post what I find as I move forward and will take some pictures also. I expect this is a common problem on these older machines. The good news is that all the components on these older boards are non proprietary, have the industry standard identification information printed on everything and are readily available.

Joe the tinkerer

Comment

Heliwelder Mod photos on facebook

I just posted some high definition photos in photobucket of my Heliwelder modifications and linked it to my facebook page. See "Joe Higginbotham"

I linked photos of the front of the welder so you can see my ammeter mod as well as the control board modification for the voltage regulator.

I will try to post images of things you guys might be interested in as I continue to make progress.

Joe the tinkerer

Comment

Working...
        X