Invision 354 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invision 354 problem

I purchased a used invision 354 mp with a 22A wire feeder and a new Bernard 300 amp gun a few months ago. Tried it out it weld great. Just got around to wiring it up and do some welding. Welder comes on feeds wire volt adjustment works wire speed adjustments work but can't get arc. Not sure what the problem is would be very thankful for any help on where to look for the problem, Thanks

Originally posted by woodcrafter8o View Post
    I purchased a used invision 354 mp with a 22A wire feeder and a new Bernard 300 amp gun a few months ago. Tried it out it weld great. Just got around to wiring it up and do some welding. Welder comes on feeds wire volt adjustment works wire speed adjustments work but can't get arc. Not sure what the problem is would be very thankful for any help on where to look for the problem, Thanks
    Likely a control cable issue. or wonky ground. easy to test on the machine, just leave some wire out the gun and jumper "A" & "B" on the MP with a paper clip or piece of wire then try to zap something with the wire on the end of the gun. Then you know if its the control cable. If it does zap, then you know that "B" is missing

Comment

354mp problem

Cruizer Thanks for the advice. tried jumping a & b still no arc. Must be something
      wrong in the ground but have no idea what to look for. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks again

Jeff

Comment

Well no zappy, it's time to open the case and look for damage, if none , the front display board handles contactor control. There is no error code for this board.

Or send the machine into a CST certified Miller repair shop

Comment

Cruizer
          Really want to thank you for the help with this problem. Finally found what the problem was. ME!!! I know you've heard the saying You have to be smarter than the equipment you are operating. Holds true here for sure. Didn't have a wire from the wire feeder to the positive side of the power source. put that wire on now it welds like a champ. Guess that's what happens when you let a carpenter hookup a wire welder. Want to Thank You again for the help and advice have learned alot about this machine while trying to find the problem.
          Thank again

Jeff

Comment

Time to retire from this forum... but its good that you got it working

Comment

Working...
            X