Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools required

Comment

alright, so I just got in from working on it! my cylinders are clean, valves/seats are good, springs are good, rollers to valve gapes are all been adjusted to right specs, spark good on all cylinders! I couldn't find a lot wrong with it! two of the exhaust valves were out of spec and had to be readjusted! there isn't much bad with the engine its self! does have a new head gasket since I pulled the head off to look at valves/seats! I still have running issues! it seems like the spark is off a degrees or something! it spits a little flame out so something isn't set right or not adjusted right!
      code#4369
      engine#151806
      its the continental flat head with electronic ignition, oil filter

Comment

Originally posted by salu View Post
        alright, so I just got in from working on it! my cylinders are clean, valves/seats are good, springs are good, rollers to valve gapes are all been adjusted to right specs, spark good on all cylinders! I couldn't find a lot wrong with it! two of the exhaust valves were out of spec and had to be readjusted! there isn't much bad with the engine its self! does have a new head gasket since I pulled the head off to look at valves/seats! I still have running issues! it seems like the spark is off a degrees or something! it spits a little flame out so something isn't set right or not adjusted right!
        code#4369
        engine#151806
        problem with code# 4369... it comes back to an Idealarc TIG 300/300...
        not an SA-250....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

sorry, that's just for the engine! my fault there!
          face place tag is;
          SA25 F-163
          A-1069026

Comment

sorry, that's just for the engine! my fault there!
            face place tag is;
            SA25 F-163
            A-1069026
            Aaahhh... much better... here ya go...

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...oln3/im328.pdf

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

temp gun.....

code#4369
              engine#151806
              First does the engine miss on any particular cylinder? My favorite tool fot troubleshooting a poor running engine is a laser temp gun. Start with a cold engine, use your temp gun to shoot each of the exhaust ports with the engine running, they all should be within 50 degrees of each other after a few jinutes of running, if one is much colder you have found your weak cylinder. If the temp is good, you will have to be sure your advance is not faulty in the distributor, 180 degrees off, or a tooth off. Hopefuloy you have done a compression check to confirm the engine has the proper compression. Also as you run the engine have in inline spark tester on one of the plugs, i have seen many pull there hair out because of a weak coil.
              Kevin
              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
              Ln25
              Miller spectrum 625
              Miller 30a spoolgun
              Wc115a
              Lincoln 210mp
              F550 imt service truck

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                What it do is put 2 of those small containers of stp carb cleaner in the tank, run the unit up on high idle for an hour, leave it sit over night, then throw the machine on a load bank ( you can weld with it with 3/16") then watch the chunks of carbon spray out of it. Presto perfect working engine again.
                Think I would start here and see what happens....

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                X