Old Miller Welders Sale or Scrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Miller Welders Sale or Scrap?

I recently bought some used old Miller welders in a "fire sale" (by fire I mean quick). Some are 1970 and 1982 vintage Miller 250P AC/DC arc welders, others are 1982 Miller 3 phase welders, I don't know what the model is yet. My question is, did I buy a bunch of scrap or can these be used or sold, if so about how much? They all work well, so I hate to destroy good working equipment. I hear 3 phase is obsolete so now what? Thanks, Jon

i would say 3 phase isnt obsolete, just more industrial. a guy in a small shop would have no use for them, and an industry moved on to better equipment and wouldnt want them back. in my opinion just scrap but who knows? its like buying a dozen 1978 monte carlos, with hopes of reselling them.

Comment

nothing like 3 phase for running a nice bead, if ya can hold onto it, some day 3 phase may be at your door step

Comment

Originally posted by jrd929 View Post
        I recently bought some used old Miller welders in a "fire sale" (by fire I mean quick). Some are 1970 and 1982 vintage Miller 250P AC/DC arc welders, others are 1982 Miller 3 phase welders, I don't know what the model is yet. My question is, did I buy a bunch of scrap or can these be used or sold, if so about how much? They all work well, so I hate to destroy good working equipment. I hear 3 phase is obsolete so now what? Thanks, Jon
        if you posted the model name and serial numbers...

we would have a better idea of what you have bought and the value...

3phase obsolete?? that was the sound of somebody blowing smoke up your skirt...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
        X