Power circuit board - Miller Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power circuit board - Miller Legend

I have a miller legend 301G and it runs good but it does not have AC power to the plug-ins and will not strike an arc. My technician is thinking that it has a blown power circuit board from a close lightning strike or jump-starting the battery. He wants to start by replacing board#212705 but isn't sure if that is the bad board. Is there a better option to try or is this just a process of elimination? Any help would be appreciated.

Tech is correct, as the power board handles all regulator functions, as well as excitation of the rotor, thus no AC auxillary. This points the problem directly to this board as being the culprit.

Comment

Thank you Cruizer!

Comment

Power circuit board

Ok, so I replaced the circuit board and now have AC power and the welder will arc but when it does it pulls the engine down and won't idle up. Any suggestions of what to look for next?

Comment

Originally posted by rmac View Post
          Ok, so I replaced the circuit board and now have AC power and the welder will arc but when it does it pulls the engine down and won't idle up. Any suggestions of what to look for next?
          So either the throttle encoder is not plugged in, its damaged, or the toriod pickup is damaged

Comment

Working...
          X