Buying Suggestion MM190 vs MM211

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Suggestion MM190 vs MM211

Don't have a lot of experience. Need advice on buying either a 190 or 211. The reason for considering the 190 are: Don't need multi plug option, would be welding no thicker than 3/16, 190 has inverter and heard it provides a better arc, would be using .023 wire as would be welding a fair amount of 1/8 to 18 ga. Thanks for all suggestions and opinions.

Sounds like the 190 is your winner. Unless you would consider dropping a little more and springing for the multimatic 200 to get the other two processes. I've had a 180 for years and it has been great for me. Dual voltage is not important to me and my machine has fit my needs well until the last year. Now I'm craving some horsepower. If you ever plan to weld on site the small package of the 190 would be a benefit as well.

Comment

The 190 sounds appealing but it is first generation machine. IF you plan on traveling with it 35 pounds is lighter then 74.
      It would nice if you could test drive both to see how it feels. The 211 has proven it self here with many members. I'm sure once Miller runs out of 211's there put a 211 inverted out there.
      Get a package deal price with CASH from local supplier on what you choose.
      There is a rebate on both machines and hoods too.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/products/special-offers.html

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I realize the MM190 inverter is a new machine and with limited people having used it but am wondering if machine capabilities are comparable would it be wise to go with the 190 with the inverter over the 211. I personally have nothing to compare welding with the inverter vs the transformer so was also looking for advice along those lines. Thanks again

Comment

Buying Suggestion MM190 vs MM211

In my opinion I would do the 211 cause in my experience you or some will have something thicker than your machine can handle.

Comment

Working...
          X