250DX trouble shooting problem with starting an arc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250DX trouble shooting problem with starting an arc

I have a Syncrowave 250DX that recently developed an issue with starting an arc. I usually have the amperage and output set to remote, and start set to HF start. But I can only get a small arc then nothing. No hlp codes. Prior to this it welded fine all day and then this problem occurred with no other symptoms.

I though it might be the power cable, as I had similar problems a couple years ago and replacing the power cable solved the issue.

Here is the catch I can set the output to ON and start to lift arc and I can get a perfect arch with the remote(pedal) able to change the amperage.

So I think it might be the remote pedal not being able to start the arc?

Does this make sense?

How do I go about testing the pedal?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Originally posted by 951prerun View Post
    I have a Syncrowave 250DX that recently developed an issue with starting an arc. I usually have the amperage and output set to remote, and start set to HF start. But I can only get a small arc then nothing. No hlp codes. Prior to this it welded fine all day and then this problem occurred with no other symptoms.

I though it might be the power cable, as I had similar problems a couple years ago and replacing the power cable solved the issue.

Here is the catch I can set the output to ON and start to lift arc and I can get a perfect arch with the remote(pedal) able to change the amperage.

So I think it might be the remote pedal not being able to start the arc?

Does this make sense?

How do I go about testing the pedal?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Have you tried cutting a quarter inch off the end of your tungsten and regrinding it??

you might have a tung that has been dipped and corrupted...

Just Curious....951 prerun??? as in Porsche?? 944Turbo??
    Last edited by H80N; 12-03-2014, 05:02 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I'd bet it is the area code and prerun refers to desert prerunner trucks.

Is it an rfcs14 pedal? You should be able to Google the info. You can read the resistence across the pins in the amp14 connector to see if the pot it working.

Just out of curiosity have you cleaned and gaped the hf unit? Might be too large of a gap and can't start the arc.

Also, provide a serial so cruizer can look up the proper tech schematic.
      MillerMatic 251
      Maxstar 150 STH
      Cutmaster 42
      Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Working...
      X