No announcement yet.

150STH or Dynasty 200dx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tig raises the bar in many respects, both for challenging your abilities and for your customer's end product. This in turn increases word of mouth business. That is something that is hard to put a price on.
    Get the better machine if you have any plans of bettering yourself in the future. I always overbuy my present needs. Haven't gone wrong on that yet.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

If you can currently tig 20-24 ga stainless, then getting a machine with 500 pps isn't going to help much. I do a lot of 16-20 ga stainless and I normally run anywhere from 2.4 to 60 pps. I rarely go above but I have found some nice spots at 240 and 450 pps.

A machine is still only as good as the joint design/fit up.

I have the dynasty and it is a nice machine.

Also, PPS is a good guide, but setting proper background and peak time is more important IMO then PPS.

Comment

What I'm seeing in video tutorials is that fit up has to be really tight for tig. I'm laying in a lot of fill sometimes with the mig. Closing 1/8" gaps is common. Questioning tig purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          What I'm seeing in video tutorials is that fit up has to be really tight for tig. I'm laying in a lot of fill sometimes with the mig. Closing 1/8" gaps is common. Questioning tig purchase.
          Yes a tight fitup is very important for TIG... as is maintaining rigorous cleanliness of the joint area... unlike MIG which is not so particular.....

but once you start to develop some proficiency in the process you will be hooked...

Nothing is as pretty as a well executed TIG bead...

TIG is the most versatile welding process available....
          Last edited by H80N; 11-30-2014, 08:15 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
          X