miller AEAD 200LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller AEAD 200LE

I just bought myself a cheap aead 200 le s#je807056. I have it running pretty well, generates power in both weld and power modes. The main issues that I am having trouble with are as follows: first, in power mode, the voltage changes with engine speed. It is running fairly smoothly, and using my meter I adjusted the Idle screw so that the meter reads 120volts, but as I understand it this unit should not allow power to this outlet unless it is very close to 120v 60hz. The second issue is in weld mode. The idle solenoid does not rev the rpms up when a load is applied. I applied 12vdc to the solenoid and it works. I know there are two boards on this unit, an idle control board and a 120vac voltage reg board. The part numbers are 049404 and 071609. Does anyone know where I should start in troubleshooting these problems? Does it sound like one or both of these boards need to be tested/fixed/replaced? Any other tips? Thanks for any guidance!

have you checked the voltage out put going to the solenoid? had the same problem and found that the chain linkage was to tight so loosened it up all the way out then readjusted for high rpms

Comment

miller AEAD 200LE

I have no voltage at the solenoid. I guess I need to find a troubleshooting chart for the PCboards.
      Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

miller AEAD 200LE

Working now, was a bad connection at the auto reset breaker.

Comment

Working...
        X