No announcement yet.

Millermatic 150 gas won't flow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember to relieve the pressure on the drive-roller first, before putting it up to your ear,,,, it might hurt if you drive the wire through your eardrum.
    Last edited by JSFAB; 11-20-2014, 07:05 PM.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
      Just remember to relieve the pressure on the drive-roller first, before putting it up to your ear,,,, it might hurt if you drive the wire through your eardrum.

LOL, thats common sense, I'd hope

Comment

Have I welded with it?

Yes. And yes porosity of no shielding gas. It wasn't like that before. Its broken. I'm trying to get some help with fixing it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomget View Post
          Have I welded with it?

Yes. And yes porosity of no shielding gas. It wasn't like that before. Its broken. I'm trying to get some help with fixing it.
          Well solenoid is ok, puff of gas is completely normal. Sooooo,it's getting to the drive. That only leaves the gun, maybe its pulled apart inside. Did you drag the machine around with the gun?

I read new machine, so not welded with yet, apparently not the case

Comment

I'm surprised at the responses I'm getting from the forum..

I must not be explaining it well.

As I said from my trouble shooting I can see that the gas valve is not working properly. Yes there's a puff of gas but no flow after that. That's not good! OK?

I just got the replacement valve on the machine. Miller part #218422 and the welds are now just fine. Gas flows. I bought it from Oxygen Supply Co, White Plains, Maryland. I bought it on line.

My trouble shooting told me the valve was bad. Sorry I couldn't convince you all, but I guess I just didn't explain it like you needed to hear.

The old welder is working good again.

Tom

Comment

Thats quite odd, That gas valve would have buzzed like crazy if it was shot. It would not have opened then slowly closed. ( shaft is spring loaded) would have had to have something before the solinoid causing this. They all puff , then go to where ever you set the CFH too. I still say that something is in that gas solinoid, usually a piece of teflon tape that your not supposed to use. When I go on a service call its always a plugged gas inlet screen. Or I disassemble and clean a non-noisy solinoid. Noisy ones I replace. Yours makes no sense.
              Last edited by cruizer; 12-01-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X