Trailblazer 302G issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 302G issues

Two issues have come up with my TB 302. For quite awhile the machine has a mind of its own when in the auto idle mode; with no leads or load it will jump to high rpm for various amounts of time anywhere from 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes. It has never cut out when welding but has switched to low idle as soon as I was off arc. The other issue showed up last Friday; when I started the machine the volt/amp readout numbers were erratic . Regardless of mode and where the dial was they would not settle down. I was able to weld and had a stable arc but it took a little bit of winging it until I got the amps set for what I was doing. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with this thing?

Originally posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Two issues have come up with my TB 302. For quite awhile the machine has a mind of its own when in the auto idle mode; with no leads or load it will jump to high rpm for various amounts of time anywhere from 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes. It has never cut out when welding but has switched to low idle as soon as I was off arc. The other issue showed up last Friday; when I started the machine the volt/amp readout numbers were erratic . Regardless of mode and where the dial was they would not settle down. I was able to weld and had a stable arc but it took a little bit of winging it until I got the amps set for what I was doing. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with this thing?
    Generally caused by low oil. engine may not shut off, but cuts the 12VDC supply on and off. Might also want to check the connection on the firewall plug, left side between engine and generator. Engine must be set to 62.5HZ, if the rpm is quite low, the power board goes erratic, as will everything else.

I've been noticing that the 2 sets of brushes wear out alarmingly fast. This may also be a concern.
    Last edited by cruizer; 11-11-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X