X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coxey2
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    DC TIG is usually done Electrode Negative....

So... you are getting Argon flow now???

Here is a booklet that will give you the basics & guidelines for the TIG process...

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/gtawbook.pdf
    You may have a leaking hose. Had the same problem on my portable; the torch was new but had been in tool box in cold weather for two year and was full of splits in gas hose.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by SoapyKen View Post
    Thanks for the help and I know I will need more. I had the connections backwards for TIG. I read the post and saw that TIG is done positive ground and negative to electrode. "EN"I have entire owners manual and parts list with set up instructions and no where does it say that in set up.Ken
    DC TIG is usually done Electrode Negative....

So... you are getting Argon flow now???

Here is a booklet that will give you the basics & guidelines for the TIG process...

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/gtawbook.pdf
    Last edited by H80N; 11-10-2014, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoapyKen
    replied
    Figured it out "stupid !"

Thanks for the help and I know I will need more. I had the connections backwards for TIG. I read the post and saw that TIG is done positive ground and negative to electrode. "EN"I have entire owners manual and parts list with set up instructions and no where does it say that in set up.Ken

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by SoapyKen View Post
    First I am sorry if this is a stupid question but have viewed the threads and was not able to find an answer.

I am completely new to TIG welding and just bought a Max Star 150 STL gently used by someone who got it to take classes.

I have hooked up everything and double checked for leaks. I have brand new full gas bottle. I have disconnected the lines and turned on gas but I am getting "0" gas through machine. I let the gauges sit for 20 minutes with machine on and the pressure did not drop at all. As a matter of fact it did not zero until I disconnected hose from back of machine. I looked in the positive port hook up and there is a torque head bolt at the back. Is it possible that you have to remove this if you want to use gas shielding? I do know that the person I bought it from never had gas on it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
    What are the machine settings?? remote??

do you have a pedal installed..??

Here is a link to the manual... just match to your serial number..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/l...&submit=Search

Leave a comment:

• SoapyKen
    started a topic No argon getting to electrode handle

No argon getting to electrode handle

First I am sorry if this is a stupid question but have viewed the threads and was not able to find an answer.

I am completely new to TIG welding and just bought a Max Star 150 STL gently used by someone who got it to take classes.

I have hooked up everything and double checked for leaks. I have brand new full gas bottle. I have disconnected the lines and turned on gas but I am getting "0" gas through machine. I let the gauges sit for 20 minutes with machine on and the pressure did not drop at all. As a matter of fact it did not zero until I disconnected hose from back of machine. I looked in the positive port hook up and there is a torque head bolt at the back. Is it possible that you have to remove this if you want to use gas shielding? I do know that the person I bought it from never had gas on it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
Working...
X