Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrofitting Diversion with Dinse connections...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Retrofitting Diversion with Dinse connections...

    Seeing as my unit is past its warranty period and I've absolutely had it with these terrible cables, I'm going to put some Dinse connectors on the front panel. Since this is the 180A model, should I look right past the small 3/8" connectors and jump right for the large 1/2" connectors?
    sigpic

  • #2
    If you find the part number for the flush fit style dinse connectors. Post it up I've been wanting to add them to a couple of my machines to rid of the ground cable when not in use or moving
    .
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
      Seeing as my unit is past its warranty period and I've absolutely had it with these terrible cables, I'm going to put some Dinse connectors on the front panel. Since this is the 180A model, should I look right past the small 3/8" connectors and jump right for the large 1/2" connectors?
      I would get the large ones (50MM)and use a "gas thru" panel dinse for the torch connector like on a Maxtar 150 STH & Lincoln Square Wave TIG 175


      and get one of these for the torch... it will allow you to switch torches with little fuss..

      http://store.cyberweld.com/tigtopoadflt.html
      Last edited by H80N; 10-30-2014, 11:40 PM.
      .

      *******************************************
      The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

      “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

      Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

      My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

      TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by H80N View Post
        I would get the large ones (50MM)and use a "gas thru" panel dinse for the torch connector like on a Maxtar 150 STH & Lincoln Square Wave TIG 175


        and get one of these for the torch... it will allow you to switch torches with little fuss..

        http://store.cyberweld.com/tigtopoadflt.html
        If you decide to convert to a water cooled torch like an HW-20 it would allow you to use a water cooled adaptor like this...

        http://store.cyberweld.com/wetigtopoadg.html

        .

        *******************************************
        The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

        “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

        Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

        My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

        TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

        Comment


        • #5
          Concerns with leaking with the gas-thru design? The only gas-thru panel connector available is the Miller replacement and it works out to over $30 after shipping. Not worth it if it's just gonna leak in a couple years.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
            Concerns with leaking with the gas-thru design? The only gas-thru panel connector available is the Miller replacement and it works out to over $30 after shipping. Not worth it if it's just gonna leak in a couple years.
            I had never had any leakage probs... on the machines I had used with them..

            Heck I have an old Lincoln Sq Wave TIG 175 that had one and never leaked in 14 years... bet if I dusted it off and tried it now it would be fine...

            Maybe somebody else like Cruizer has other opinions... but my experience was trouble free..
            .

            *******************************************
            The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

            “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

            Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

            My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

            TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

            Comment


            • #7
              Turns out that connector actually works out to over $40 if I buy it from miller4less. I'll take a run up to my supplier in the morning and see if I can get a better price on it.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                You might try a local welder repair shop to see if they have any on dead machines...
                Glen
                Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

                Comment


                • #9
                  Personally, I don't see the point, torches and parts are cheap. Why try to make the unit into something its not. And if it breaks, your not making it any easier for us to repair..

                  I'd refuse to repair the unit if someone modified it. people try to modify stuff all the time. Being a welder repair guru, what do you think I'd tell them, and where they can go.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    Personally, I don't see the point, torches and parts are cheap. Why try to make the unit into something its not. And if it breaks, your not making it any easier for us to repair..

                    I'd refuse to repair the unit if someone modified it. people try to modify stuff all the time. Being a welder repair guru, what do you think I'd tell them, and where they can go.....
                    If you're such an expert, maybe you should actually do some research on this welder before you make [email protected] comments. Now you can go f*ck yourself and get out of my thread because I will make sure you will never get your hands on anything I own.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                      If you're such an expert, maybe you should actually do some research on this welder before you make [email protected] comments. Now you can go f*ck yourself and get out of my thread because I will make sure you will never get your hands on anything I own.
                      What a cry baby. He is what you would call an experts expert. Too bad you just lost yourself the best help available when you pooch your machine.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What research of this welder would change anything about what he said. He merely stated that as a certified miller tech, he would prefer it to be in factory condition. If I was you, I would just sell that little diversion and get a dynasty, then your torch dilemma, and underpowered machine dilemma are both solved.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                          If you're such an expert, maybe you should actually do some research on this welder before you make [email protected] comments. Now you can go f*ck yourself and get out of my thread because I will make sure you will never get your hands on anything I own.
                          With this attitude and disrespect for members here, I'm through with this thread.
                          Glen
                          Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                            If you're such an expert, maybe you should actually do some research on this welder before you make [email protected] comments. Now you can go f*ck yourself and get out of my thread because I will make sure you will never get your hands on anything I own.
                            Gee...Cavi Mike... when you asked the question.. you did not specify agreeing answers only..

                            You may not like Cruizer's response... but he is a very knowledgable TECH that provides helpful ... valuable advice on a daily basis.... and his was a very valid viewpoint

                            your nasty response will not encourage experienced folks to waste their time responding to your questions..

                            When you slammed that door you appear to have slammed your oscar mayer in it at the same time....

                            good way to impress the troops when you introduce yourself in a new neighborhood..
                            Last edited by H80N; 11-02-2014, 04:43 PM.
                            .

                            *******************************************
                            The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                            “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                            Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                            My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                            Millermatic 200

                            TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hang on,let me get some popcorn and beer for the show....


                              Okay okay, proceed. I'm ready for the fireworks and magic smoke.
                              MillerMatic 251
                              Maxstar 150 STH
                              Cutmaster 42
                              Victor Journeyman OA

                              A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X