Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Bobcat 225 NT

Hey Guys,
    I have a Miller Bobcat 225 NT with an Onan 16 h.p. engine. I have not started it in some time, probably 12 months (my bad). Are there any precautions you might suggest such as pulling the plugs and putting a little oil down in the bores?
    Thanks,
    Nick

Pull the plugs,, yes a little oil in the cylinders would be a good idea, , then spin the engine over plug less. That will put oil into the head and lube everything. Through the plugs back in and fire it up. Now the bigger problem is the Ethanol in the carb. Ethanaol tends to eat away at the aluminum, or pot metal casing. There may be crap in there. But you will know right away.

Comment

I suggest charging the battery or replacing if it won't take a charge in lieu of jump starting it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.
        Nick

Comment

If you didn't run the gas out of it before it was stored, the carburetor is going to need cleaning. It would be a good idea to do this before attempting to start it so you don't run the battery down. Next time, before you put it in storage, either completely run the gas out of it or use some Stabil or Sea Foam fuel stabilizer in the gas. You will have a much better chance of getting it to run easily the next time that you pull it out of storage.

Charley
          2 Miller Digital Elite and 3 Fixed Shade Helmets
          2 O/A torch sets
          DeWalt 18 volt 1/2" Driver/Drill
          DeWalt 18 volt 6 1/2" Metal Saw
          DeWalt Porta Band & SWAG Offroad V3 Table
          Milwaukee 8" Dry Cut Saw
          Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Chop Saw / Delta Stand
          Milwaukee 9" Grinder
          2 Milwaukee 4 1/2" Grinders
          Milwaukee Hole Hawg 1/2" Drill
          Wallace 5 Ton Gantry