Syncrowave 250 DX issues with stick welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 250 DX issues with stick welding

I have a syncrowave 250DX that I have been tigging with for some time but just recently set it up for stick welding. The machine welds great but I can only seem to get it to output by using the foot pedal. I have try most things the manual mentions including disconnecting the pedal and power up procedures. all the stick function buttons seem to go dead, I cant get them to change . also it only seems to work in dc positive? Any advice will be appreciated . Serial # LC072672

Thanks

So you've pressed the buttons to get the machine lit up to show:
    Process = stick
    Amperage = PNL
    Output = ON
    Start = OFF

??

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Comment

First post so welcome to the forum.
      Lincoln A/C 225
      Everlast PA200

Comment

Why are you stick welding with a pedal?

Comment

I have pushed all the buttons and I cant seem to get them to change when in dc.

I do not want to weld with the pedal but currently that is the only method that gets me an arc. Once the pedal is disconnected no output occurs. I just thought maybe I was missing something real simple.

Thanks, for the replies .

Comment

So the way understand it, the selector buttons become unresponsive and the lights don't change despite pressing the buttons once you've set the machine to DC?

Does this mean that ask the buttons ARE responsive when the machine is set to AC?

Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
            "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
            "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
            "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Comment

Yes that is about the size of it . I should add that in ac or dc negative I cant go to stick , only dc positive.

Comment

Have you reset the machine by holding in all 4 selector buttons while turning it on?

Comment

If you can't get it to do a reset, that's a good clue that at least one of the four buttons, likely your output button, isn't working. Every time the polarity switch is changed, it defaults back to output=remote.

Maybe check your panel buttons with a continuity tester...

Comment

I did try the reset , but didn't seem to make any difference. The output selector button does work in ac mode so I am sure the button is likely good, I will put a meter to it though.

Comment

Not sure how intimate you are with the buttons, but should the four mode buttons have a different feel that the pulser button? I noticed it has more of a push button feel while the other four have more of a keypad feel. Thanks, again

Comment

Or try this to check the process button. With the machine off, hold it in and turn it on. Hold it in until the software version clears the meters, and if the button works, the meters will read (0.2) (SEL).

Comment

Looks like I posted over you. The panel buttons do not have much travel so they will feel like a keypad basically. And since you do have the lights changing when you press output, there's no need to bother testing that button any further. It works. Now does the process selector button work?

Comment

Thanks BodyBagger, I will check that one out.

Comment

Got it to work after a reset and flipping through the 1-2-3 selections. I just need to spend some time figuring out the details of this machine. Thanks again for the help...

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X