Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are all miller products made in america?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade is the strongest incentive to peace
    If memory serves, France was Germany's largest trading partner in 1913 and the first half of 1914. In 1940 and the first half of 1941, German/USSR trade was quite robust.

jimmy carter said we are going to save the gas and caped the speed limit to 55 mph
    The 55MPH speed limit in the US was introduced in 1972 or 1973 during the 1972 oil embargo. Carter was elected in 1976.
    Last edited by fjk; 10-20-2014, 07:51 AM. Reason: fix typo ... so there Cgotto6 ;-)

Comment

i stand corrected thank you

How did Jimmy Carter force all states to adopt the 55 mph speed limit, including in-state roads?if you google this he threned the states to cut off federal funding if they wouldn't comply with the change

Comment

Originally posted by johncalbers View Post
        How did Jimmy Carter force all states to adopt the 55 mph speed limit, including in-state roads?if you google this he threned the states to cut off federal funding if they wouldn't comply with the change
        It was done in the Nixon/Ford administrations.
        Carter's administration may have increased pressure for states to enforce the speed limit as a result of the 1979 oil crisis, I don't recall. But the Nixon administration did it in 72 or 73.

And yes, it was done by making a 55MPH speed limit a requirement for getting federal highway funding.

Comment

i stand corected again

i remember jimmy carter on the tv talking about the 55 mph speed limits i was 17 years old at the time i thinki remember him giving the data on how much more gas you burn at 70 mphi didn't mean to mislead anyone thank you for pointing that out

Comment

Not sure what any of the last several (many) posts made have to do with Miller Products, if somebody wants to rant and rave, there are plenty of "Political opinion" discussion boards out there. Do a google search, it's not that hard to find them.
            Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

And, yes, maybe the people who frequent those other websites, have access to the "secret decoder ring" which allows them to comprehend the idiotic rantings of somebody who can't even write properly. Reading the OP's posts, gives me a headache. The OP should realize, there are others here who could be considered "disabled", we don't all make a point of it, but we in many cases have climbed beyond that point. Without "special help" from the government or charities.
              Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

i guess that was directed at me

jsfab i do the best i can with what god gave me. we were disussing the minerals that china has and the hand that could be put around our conturys throte the oil imbargo was a shortage i used it for something to compair to an imbargo on eletronics from china. if my spelling and gramer bother you then don't read what i have to right i am not trying to be rude to you.
                Last edited by johncalbers; 10-20-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

In summary, some components are either not made in the US or not made in sufficient quantities in the US to support the mass production of welding power supplies and consumables, but Miller is using less stuff from Mexico and China than other companies. I'm seeing that Lincoln is assembling a LOT of stuff in Mexico lately. What's ironic is that while I'm writing this waiting for my food to be ready, I'm sitting on a custom fabricated patio table almost certainly fabbed in the US as part of a one-off contract. I'm noticing that my 17 year old daughter could have done ten times as good of a job welding them than whoever the hack was that tacked these together...Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_12403-20141020_191527-5745191.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	516830

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
                  Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
                  "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
                  "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
                  "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Comment

jsfab i do the best i can with what god gave me. we were disussing the minerals that china has and the hand that could be put around our conturys throte the oil imbargo was a shortage i used it for something to compair to an imbargo on eletronics from china. if my spelling and gramer bother you then don't read what i have to right i am not trying to be rude to you.

Re-read the last couple lines of my last post:

"The OP should realize, there are others here who could be considered "disabled", we don't all make a point of it, but we in many cases have climbed beyond that point. Without "special help" from the government or charities. "

Comment

ever loose an eye its nothing like loosing your car keys

what is the disablity that you overcame and pulled yourself up by your boot straps

Comment

what is the disablity that you overcame and pulled yourself up by your boot straps
                        My dad lost an eye at around 71
                        It pretty much took him out of welding

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                        Miller WC-115-A
                        Miller Spectrum 300
                        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

my eye a tail of lost and found

in 1998 i lost my left eye in an accedent . i was blind in my left eye only to see colers and eventely count fingers at close range. i lost my lense and iris (my eye was always at a full diolation) and a bad scar on my corniea, that refracted light just like a prisem but the retina was attached, still an eye but a brite bler of nothing, that caused my other eye's iris to go crasey with a light change. the only way i could take the sun was to where an eye patch a producet know one has tried to improve on for many centurys, and a rubberband that makes a perment indention in your head. i even thended to where my welding hood when i went outside to darth vader though. in 1999 i was told about an iris lenze implant that has been made in germany and used for the last 30 years that could fix my eye. dr synder at the Cincinnati Eye Institute: is doing clinical trials on the implant in Ohio. dealing with the worker comp was no picnect. my eye docter said i would of loved to put a lenze at the time of injury but it would just flote and spin, nothing to attachit to. about 5 years later the eye people invented a lenze that could be sewn into the eye the one that helps you focus like a real eye lenze dose. in 2010 all the all the letters were written and had to ge see the insurance copanys eye doc, she was very nice and aggred that if a lenze is going to be instaled it should be the, lenze iris implant that will fix the problem. a non fda approved implant. the insurance agreed to pay for the hole thing. after being blind in my left eye for 12 1/2 years i could see again. the most wonderfull mericial. my dept perception is not right your mind takes years to rewire your brain to make everthing work together.

Comment

American DNA wasn't originally made in America either.
                            =======================
                            Miller 211 AutoSet
                            Miller Dynasty 200 DX
                            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
                            Francisco Goya

Comment

Originally posted by stickermigtigger View Post
                              American DNA wasn't originally made in America either.
                              made me laugh!

Unless your a native American.....(maybe)

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                              Miller WC-115-A
                              Miller Spectrum 300
                              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

if my spelling and gramer bother you then don't read what i have to right i am not trying to be rude to you.
                                You don't intend it, but it IS rude, don't you think? Find some sort of spell-check app. Do some editing of grammar and punctuation yourself. This is a matter of ordinary respect for others. If you try to achieve a level of craftsmanship in your work, why not in your written communication with other craftsmen?

That said, I don't think your question is necessarily rude or unreasonable to ask on a Miller website. A lot of (sometimes nominally-) American corporations are offshoring and outsourcing. Every one of them emphatically asserts that they have quality-control people "over there" making sure that quality is up to previous American-made standards. But such assertions often come from sales reps and P.R. departments, and very often they are not true, maybe not even close to true.

If your question is a way of asking about quality, it can't be answered by simply learning whether some parts are made overseas. There's no blanket answer. The answer can only come from knowledgeable, experienced users of the specific product that interests you. So if yours is a quality question, rather than a political question, it should be specific: Is Miller having problems with foreign-supplied components? Then the professionals here can tell you yes or no.

Comment

Working...
                                X