Nexgen Helmet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexgen Helmet Question

My Jackson Nexgen helmet came without a manual. Now I need to change the batteries. I can see where the two battery compartments are, but they are under glass and I can't figure how to access them without forcing something.
    Can anyone send me the manual, instructions, or tell me how to do this?
    Thanks,
    CG
    Old Miller Swinger 180 Buzzbox
    Miller Diversion 165
    1945 Craftsman Atlas Lathe
    Smithy Lathe/Mill

Which model..?? and how old..??

there were many models...

fer iristance

I have an older Jackson NexGen... as one of my backups... it is about 16 years old and uses AA's

Maybe post some pics of the cartridge..??
    Last edited by H80N; 10-14-2014, 12:24 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Mine 4 yrs old I
      think takes 4 cr2042 batteries or maybe 3.
      Just un screw take out that strap harnesses and push plastic tab pop module out. Might be one screw holding the module to helmet. Once module is out unscrew batt cover. Just be careful not to break plastic locking tabs
      Last edited by dogdog; 10-14-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize there were several types of Nexgens. Mine is a W60-HSL100 and uses 2 Quarter size batteries. You can see their pockets in the top right corners of the inside view of the lense.
        See Pic.
        Thanks,
        CG
        Attached Files
        Old Miller Swinger 180 Buzzbox
        Miller Diversion 165
        1945 Craftsman Atlas Lathe
        Smithy Lathe/Mill

Comment

Originally posted by chewinggum View Post
          Sorry, I didn't realize there were several types of Nexgens. Mine is a W60-HSL100 and uses 2 Quarter size batteries. You can see their pockets in the top right corners of the inside view of the lense.
          See Pic.
          Thanks,
          CG
          From what I gather... Jackson was bought out by Kimberly Clarke

and that the ADF cartridge is a "W60"

http://www.kcprofessional.com/produc...ith-nexgen-adf

looks like you unclip the cartridge from the helmet and squeeze the battery doors with your thumb and forefinger...and pull out to remove the batteries...

BUT BE CAREFUL...from what I have been reading it is very easy to damage or destroy the cartridge retainer clip and battery doors...

They sell a lot of them...

http://www.kcprofessional.com/produc...ith-nexgen-adf

was not able to find a manual ....
          Last edited by H80N; 10-14-2014, 02:28 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by chewinggum View Post
            See Pic.
            Thanks,
            CG

A minor correction:
            Same model I have. and what H80N mention tabs are easily broken, I actually broke mine but lucky still able to re-attach that module to the helmet.

Battery is CR2450, I bought 4 from Ebay last year and only 2 left at my battery storage so yes should be 2x CR2450 batteries..

from this guy. Maybe you can find it in WalMart / Wegman , but definitely don't go Radio Shack, their batteries are staled (maybe it was the one I went to)
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-CR2450-...item4aacf60507

Comment

Working...
            X