X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by FullScale View Post
    Thanks everyone, after looking hard and long at my options and budget I'm going with a used WP-20 that I found. Now its time to start looking at coolers.
    If you decide to put together your own cooler...

here is a thread that you might find helpful...

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39374

Leave a comment:

• FullScale
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks everyone, after looking hard and long at my options and budget I'm going with a used WP-20 that I found. Now its time to start looking at coolers.

Leave a comment:

• Bodybagger
    replied
    Get a WP20 with rubber hoses. DO NOT get one with vinyl hoses or you'll regret it. I cannot overstress how crappy vinyl hoses are. Spend a few bills on a Coolmate 1 and run the proper low conductivity coolant in it and you'll have years of trouble-free service - or until you forget to turn the cooler on, in which case you'll smoke your power hose in no time flat.

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    I suggest looking at HTP's site. They sell CK, and can make up whatever you want. Prices are great and so is their service.
    http://www.usaweld.com/

Leave a comment:

• johnnyg340
    replied
    Depends on HOW MUCH you plan to use it. If dudty cycle is a concern, a WP20 (watercooled) may be necessary. If not, a WP26 (air cooled) is probably what you want.

Leave a comment:

• wb4rt
    replied
    Depends on your budget. You really need a water-cooled torch (WP20), especially on aluminum.

Do you have or planning to buy a cooling system? Lots of thread around on how to build one yourself, but a good used one may be cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• FullScale
    started a topic Choosing a TIG Torch

Choosing a TIG Torch

I recently bought a new to me Syncrowave 200 and wish to up grade the WP-17 I'm using now. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Most of the work would be on 11 ga. aluminum.
Working...
X