replied
    Thank guy's
    That will help
    Doug

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    DEA,

I was talking with Dave Fisher at Miller today and he added a couple of things to the pulse feature.

(1) The higher PPS like 400-500 can be very useful when welding anodized aluminum. Lightly brush to get your arc and let the puddle agitation caused by going from a wide puddle on peak to a streamline puddle on the background shake out and help weld through the anodized coating.

(2) The pulse on a slower PPS can be really helpful on fusing corner joints and getting the metal to flow on the outside edges.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    Pulse settings for thin gauge or really any thicness would be lower settings like:
    .8-1.5 PPS
    40-50% Peak time
    25-30% BGRD Amps
    set main amps by material thickness.

These settings will give you a nice rhythmic action for adding filler. When the pulse hits high, add filler. When it goes low, move the torch.

A high pulse setting in the 200-400 PPS give you an agitated puddle that creates better bead structure and helps to float impurities to the surface. This is nice when doing dissimilar allows. It's like having a bag of different size marbles and shaking it up real fast. The marbles will start to align themselves properly.

Hope this helps

Andy

Leave a comment:

• DEA
    replied
    Hawk
    Thanks
    Not really.I looked on the site Jeff mentioned.Unless I over looked it.
    Looking for the specific or ballpark settings fo the dx200.For thin gauge or any that you have aluminum,stainless,etc.
    As you can tell this is new to me
    Thanks
    Doug

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    DEA,

Sorry I must have overlooked your post. Did you find what you were looking for?

Leave a comment:

• DEA
    replied
    Thanks
    I'll give it a look

Leave a comment:

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    While it may not be a definite answer to your question there is a post on a forum that is part of a web site called "weldreality.com". I believe the post is about #100 or 101, Or search TIG pulse and you'll find it. I think the forum is called product info. There is more info on this site than you can take in during one sitting. Let me know if this is any help as I'm beging to think that one of these machines might be in my future. JEFF P.S. Look for GTAW pulse definitions.

Leave a comment:

• DEA
    replied
    anybody!

Leave a comment:

• DEA
    started a topic Pulser settings on DX200???

Pulser settings on DX200???

Hawk or anyone
    Do you have any of the pulse setup's and applications
    I think this will give me a better understand and use this feature
    Thanks
    Doug
Working...
X