Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new millermatic

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00487
    Last edited by Danny; 09-25-2014, 10:58 AM.

Why?

MM211 dual Voltage covers that market pretty darn good.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Comment

I thought maybe duty cycle but nope. Only 40% @ 140 amps.
      MillerMatic 251
      Maxstar 150 STH
      Cutmaster 42
      Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Because its an inverter

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
          Why?

MM211 dual Voltage covers that market pretty darn good.
          Ed,

You've posted multiple times that you aren't a fan of the MM 211 arc characteristics, especially compared to your Passport.

I am suspecting the MM190 is going to replace the MM 180. On 1/8" with C-25 the 180 has a real nice crisp arc, its draw back though is that it produces sluggish puddle wet out. Assuming the 190 is going to produce a nice crisp arc, I am hoping the faster response time of the inverter will improve arc quality and puddle wet out.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
            Ed,

You've posted multiple times that you aren't a fan of the MM 211 arc characteristics, especially compared to your Passport.

I am suspecting the MM190 is going to replace the MM 180. On 1/8" with C-25 the 180 has a real nice crisp arc, its draw back though is that it produces sluggish puddle wet out. Assuming the 190 is going to produce a nice crisp arc, I am hoping the faster response time of the inverter will improve arc quality and puddle wet out.
            That is true But why a 180/190 class? Just make the MM211 mo' better

I'd like to run a Fabricator 211i and see how their inverter tech welds.
            Ed Conley
            http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
            MM252
            MM211
            Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
            TA185
            Miller 125c Plasma 120v
            O/A set
            SO 2020 Bender
            You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
              That is true But why a 180/190 class? Just make the MM211 mo' better

I'd like to run a Fabricator 211i and see how their inverter tech welds.
              With the V/A curve showing that the machine is capable of outputting 25V @ 190 amps, I've been wondering why Miller didn't make it at least a 200 amp machine.

24V - 25V @ 200 amps would easily cover most hobbyist's top end needs. The duty cycle would be light. Realistically though how much is the average hobbyist going to need the top end.

Most of my welding, at home, is on 1/8" and 3/16". For the 1/8", I 've always wanted a unit that produces a very consistent, very smooth crisp arc with light spatter and good puddle wet out. I'd like to have the opportunity to run a MM 190 to see if it is capable of producing this results.

Comment

I would gladly have purchased this new 190 over my 180 when I was buying. Lighter weight, smaller, and better duty cycle. I suspect this is kicking off a new era of migs. Would not be surprised to see the 140, 211, 212, and 252 all sporting inverters before long, under new names of course.

Comment

The 140 is getting a make over. It'll be the 141. It won't be an inverted based unit though. Probably just the 140 guts in the new case.

Comment

I'm surprised. An inverter based 140 could be a pretty tiny, portable Sheetmetal machine.

Comment

Looking at the parts lists briefly, the main transformer, circuit card and stabilizer for the 141 have different part numbers than the 140.
                      Miller stuff:
                      Dialarc 250 (1974)
                      Syncrowave 250 (1992)
                      Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                        With the V/A curve showing that the machine is capable of outputting 25V @ 190 amps, I've been wondering why Miller didn't make it at least a 200 amp machine.
                        Because you kill off a machine that sells well. 211 would be history..

Comment

Working...
                        X