X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bistineau
    replied
    Originally posted by obiewelds View Post
    Is there a Miller engine driven welder generator capable of powering a dynasty 280?
    Simplest answer, YES there is.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Not 100% sure what relevance electrical motor hp has to do with this case. . Unsure why we would even bother with Electrical HP. Soooo, whats the reasoning behind your suggestion?[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Newton Brawn
    replied
    Ifyou need more details, please , ask.

Regards

Newton

Leave a comment:

• Newton Brawn
    replied
    The watts that enter in the wellder can be calculated as LINE VOLTS x WELDER INPUT CURRENT . ( example: 230V X 55 amper = 12650 watts )

This is the max power required by the welder machine.

If you want to convert to HP , just divide by 750 (example: 12650 : 750 =16.86 HP.)

However if you are not using the full welder current a gen of 7.5 HP or less can supply the power required .

Leave a comment:

• obiewelds
    replied
    Thank you fellas. I'm sorry for my lack of explanation I have little knowledge when it comes to electrical and hooking the welders up. This was a big help.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Welcome to the forum obiewelds,

as Cruizer mentioned WATTS= Amps x Voltage

You'll have to look at the specs of the machines you are interested in.

1- Miller Dynasty 280
    http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AD4-9.pdf
    rated specs 235 WELDING amps will draw 30amps at 230v

30amps x 230v = 6900watts.

You need an engine drive with at least 6900watts of auxiliary generator power.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    A Bobcat 250 will run it.. Not really understanding the question, I guess. Unit takes 230 power, so multiply it by the amps you'll likely need to get the watts. Then figure the machine you'll need out.

Leave a comment:

• obiewelds
    started a topic Wattage drawn on welders

Wattage drawn on welders

Is there a Miller engine driven welder generator capable of powering a dynasty 280?
Working...
X