Millermatic won't power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic won't power up

**** folks ! Yes I'm a newbie with some welders that I acquired in a barter. I'm a mason by trade but want to build up on my welding and fabrication . Well I have a millermatic serial #JB513915 can't seem to locate any manuals or info on it, it's a white face model . I plug it in and it doesn't power up. I check the switch which is receiving power. But w no trouble shooting manual I'm lost?

Originally posted by Bigdaddyjg View Post
    **** folks ! Yes I'm a newbie with some welders that I acquired in a barter. I'm a mason by trade but want to build up on my welding and fabrication . Well I have a millermatic serial #JB513915 can't seem to locate any manuals or info on it, it's a white face model . I plug it in and it doesn't power up. I check the switch which is receiving power. But w no trouble shooting manual I'm lost?
    The serial number you posted does not seem to correspond to a manual on the lookup page... could you doublecheck the number there seems to be an error

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

and also tell us which Millermatic model you have... there are many
    Last edited by H80N; 09-16-2014, 04:15 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Millermatic 200

Yes the front face cover is what and the serial #is JB513915 millermatic 200 states
      constent potential DC arc welding power source and wire control/ feeder system

Comment

Ok it's a millermatic 200 and serial # JB513915

Comment

Ok it's a millermatic 200 and serial # JB513915
          It does not like that number either...

Owner's Manual Search Results Model Name:MM200
          Serial Number: JB513915
          Sorry, the Model Name and Serial Number combination you entered did not return an Owner's Manual.
          Please verify your information and try again.
          Click Here for a New Search.
          Last edited by H80N; 09-16-2014, 04:50 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Its a valid serial, though a 1981 machine. I don't remember when Miller started date stamping owners manuals, but probably not 1981.

Comment

Thank you I got it running and welding like a champ! Thanks to the both of you!

Comment

Glad to hear it's running.

For future reference, here's the Operator's Manual for it based on the post SN:
                http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1303c_mil.pdf
                MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
                Syncrowave 180 SD
                Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
                *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
                *HF-251D-1
                *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                PakMaster 100XL
                Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
                http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Working...