X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    WillieB

• WillieB
    replied
    Would a 251 have similar duty cycle to a 252? The fan doesn't always come on with my 252. I've never come close to maxing the duty cycle.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer

• cruizer
    replied
    Nothing you've listed there as machines would go to a thermal over load. What machine are you talking about?

You'd have to be running 1/16" wire to come close in a 251, so am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Sandy

• Sandy
    replied
    Just as a side note, by the time you get to the thermal overload/shut down, you have already exceeded the duty cycle. It's like the difference between setting down to rest or falling down because you didn't.

Leave a comment:

• elvis

• elvis
    started a topic I hate small duty cycles

I hate small duty cycles

30-40% duty cycle or less just sucks. Turns out I am also bad at estimating arc time to keep off the thermal overload.

I'm an equipment operator but I do small fab projects here and there. The only heavy fab shops around are an hour each way so it makes sense to just knock small projects out. Unfortunately I can't get my boss to buy me anything bigger. "What if the next guy doesn't weld???"

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. I am just sitting here staring at the thermal overload light and waiting for it to turn off.
Working...
X