Maxtron 450 - What is this for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxtron 450 - What is this for?

I recently bought a 1995 model Maxtron 450. I have spent a fair amount of time reading through the manual and I have not been able to find out what the mystery switch and dial are for on the front of my machine. Any help would be Pictures below...

No Mystery..

Pulse Programs...

the parameters are right there on the chart screened on the front of the machine

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Training...

I was hoping it was pulse...

Now how to use it? Does anyone know if there is more information on how to use it? How to connect a volt sense lead, if it will work with my feeder, etc?

Comment

Serial numbers of both the Maxtron & Feeder pls....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Maxtron 450 (KF789983) power supply connected to a S-64M wire feeder (LC326095)

Comment

My understanding is .... it is for the Synergic Pulse function that works in combination with a "compatible wire feeder". You set the Pulse switch on, select program for material and wire being used, then when wire speed adjustments are made in the feeder, the "synergic" control automatically changes power supply settings. Special pulse mix gasses also need to be used 95Ar/5(O2 or CO2) Synergic connection is through the 14-pin connector
            Last edited by GlenC; 09-04-2014, 09:45 AM.
            Glen
            Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

Comment

Originally posted by Wycrumb View Post
              Maxtron 450 (KF789983) power supply connected to a S-64M wire feeder (LC326095)
              These manuals are correct for your serial number equip...

S-64M Manual (this is a pulse capable programmable feeder)

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1585x_mil.pdf

Maxtron 450 Manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2206e_mil.pdf

from what I can see... it looks like you can pulse with this combo... (at least steel)

looks like you have more reading to do...
              Last edited by H80N; 09-04-2014, 09:56 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
              X