xmt 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmt 304

On this new toy of mine, xmt 304, should it be a cause for alarm if the fan cycles on and off periopically, even if the machine isn't being used? For example, I purposely left it on, not being used, and the fan ran 5 seperate times in the space of 1 hour, for about 2 minutes each time. Should I be worried? Your opinions please.

RWG

My XMT304 was an earlier model. It had "Fan-On-Demand", but ran only after some arc-on time. I don't recall it running without any welding arc time like you are describing. It might have and I did not notice. Miller may have altered this feature. My Dynasty has "Fan-On-Demand" and only runs after arc-on time. Check you owner's manual carefully. I would call Miller technical @ 920-735-4505. This may be a normal and improved feature??? Let me know what you find.

Comment

RWG

On your XMT 304 if you have the machine in a hot position where there will be open circuit voltage present at all times, the fan will run occasionally even if you are not welding. These positions would be V-SENSE FEEDER, STICK, LIFT-ARC TIG, and SCRATCH START TIG. Let me know if this was happening or not.

Steve M.
      [email protected]

Comment

Yes, I have been playing with it some. The mode settings that you mentioned that have open circuit voltage, seem to create enuf heat that the fan needs to run periodically. All the ones that say electrode hot qualify, except lift arc tig, as it only shows about 6 volts across the output. But if it shows 83 or 84 ocv on the meter, then, it makes enuf heat that the fan needs to run occasionally. So, it would seem that everything is ok, and I don't need to worry. Thank you all, so much for your interest in this matter.

RWG

Comment

RWG,

I guess my XMT 304 must have run occasionally because I kept on stick panel most of the time. I must have never noticed. Anyway I am glad you have no problem. You do have a great machine and I kick myself a lot for selling mine. ENJOY!

Comment

Working...
          X