But wait there is more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But wait there is more

So what would you gurus of the welding world say about a used MM185 with the M-15 gun as my short/mid term machine vs a brand new MM210. Why do I ask all these questions .. because I found a used MM185 for $600.00.

Survey says????
    MM210 w/3035
    Next up - Sync 200

SOCALITA..........Parts are still available for this unit........ Round me up a serial number and I will let you know how old it is. Price doesn't sound to bad if it is not all beat up.........Vintage will help make a decision easier...........Let us Know.......Rock..
    [email protected]
    ROCK

Comment

Rock,

The machine looks very good ... just dusty. I have asked for the serial number and I will post it as soon as I get it. Thanks for your help.

Jorge
      MM210 w/3035
      Next up - Sync 200

Comment

The 185 is an oldy but goody. I saw a real old one a few months ago in a Muffler shop. Still had the multiple taps on the front. The mechanic said it was a sweet machine.

Comment

Re: But wait there is more

Originally posted by SoCalTA
          So what would you gurus of the welding world say about a used MM185 with the M-15 gun as my short/mid term machine vs a brand new MM210. Why do I ask all these questions .. because I found a used MM185 for $600.00.

Survey says????
          It's a nice machine. That sounds like a good deal. However, I don't remember if or how to hook a spool gun to this machine. Even if you can I bet it will cost more to adapt the spool gun to this machine than to purchase the MM210 and spoolgun package. I think the MM185 is a little shy on power for much aluminum work. I have only used this machine on 3/16" mild steel. I did fine. Be careful: sometimes discontinued used machines on the light duty side can be hard to resell.

Comment

Working...
          X