X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikeswelding
    replied
    Originally posted by cruizer View Post
    The reason why I ask, is that often and Miller Kevin can attest to this is that they (Miller) often will supply the board for free and all you pay is the labour
    Sometimes they have test boards. Something major like this, your tech always has the option to call Miller
    Thanks for your insight and help. It is much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• mikeswelding
    replied
    Originally posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    Mike,

If you can get me your serial number I'll see if there is anything I can do.
    Very good to know. I will get that as soon as I get the machine back from the shop.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeswelding View Post
    i can't remember how long it had been out of warranty - maybe 4 years?
    The reason why I ask, is that often and Miller Kevin can attest to this is that they (Miller) often will supply the board for free and all you pay is the labour
    Sometimes they have test boards. Something major like this, your tech always has the option to call Miller

Leave a comment:

• Miller Kevin
    replied
    Mike,

If you can get me your serial number I'll see if there is anything I can do.

Leave a comment:

• mikeswelding
    replied
    i can't remember how long it had been out of warranty - maybe 4 years?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Curious, but how far off warranty was it?

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    to much electronics these days had an old tube tv lasted for 20 +years infact it was still workin when I junked it. bought me a nice 50"flatscreen dead in less than 10 years all the old welding machines without all the electronic cuircut boards in them will still be alive and kickin long after these newer electronic machines die.

Leave a comment:

• mikeswelding
    started a topic No more Miller dual voltage machines

No more Miller dual voltage machines

I have a Passport Plus that has seen little use and certainly no abuse. Recently, and of course after the warranty had expired, the machine stopped working on the 110 volt side. The board that tells the machine which voltage to use, according to my lws repair tech, has to be replaced. Replacement cost $750!!! Never again.
Working...
X