No announcement yet.

Dynasty 300SD stuck in stick mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My PC3 card appeared to have part number 218 231 on it, but numbers 210 893E and LE-38 were also on it in other places. The manual lists 200 339, though. What's right...?
    Last edited by speedysprocket; 06-11-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

The 218231 would be the correct obsolete part, the 210893 would be a predessesor board, equally obsolete, and the LE# is just the date of the board so 2004

Now a few guys on this board have these machines, unfortunately when they go, they're pretty much boat anchors.

Comment

Local Miller service place looked at it- said either PC3 or the main control board, more likely PC3. Trying to find one now...

Comment

PC3 is the obselete board We were talking about. Very unlikely to be the control board, as that would throw an error. PC3 will not error out.

Comment

Yeah, I know about PC3- I found some obsolete part website that I put a request in for.

Comment

Well the obsolete parts place threw in the towel... Waiting for an swer from some shop in Texas...

Comment

Well I sent my PC-3 board to EIC in Georgia finally. A week and $350 later, and the machine works again!

Comment

good that you got it reapired properly. I've sent a few out, just to have them come back just as damaged as when I sent them. At great cost to me. So you lucked out!

Comment

Approx 4 months downtime…

Hey ,
                    Great job there speedysprocket in sticking to your guns to get your 300sd repaired.
                    I noticed a 4 month downtime from the "obsolete parts repair place" throwing in the towel to final success!
                    Did the guys in georgia let you know which component on pc-3 was the culprit?

And did they give you any pointers on how to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks for sharing- what welding unit did you use in the downtime period

Comment

Working...
                    X