Dynasty 300SD stuck in stick mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 300SD stuck in stick mode

Hello, new here. Joined because my Miller 300 SD just decided to stop working for me. I used it last week, no problem. Turned it on last night and it's in stick mode, and won't let me switch to Tig. If I try to push any of the tig function buttons, HELP12 displays, which means that function is not applicable to the selected mode. I've always used tig, never stick. I tried the reset settings, and it looked like it worked, but it's still stuck in the same place. Any ideas...?
    Thanks!

And I just verified lockout mode isn't on. What's wrong with my machine?!

Comment

[QUOTE=speedysprocket;321280]And I just verified lockout mode isn't on. What's wrong with my machine?![/QUOTE

9 times out of 10 its the front panel card thats pooched, PC3, had this happen more than a few times. Really tough to verify even by a tech. Pretty much ever time this has happened, its been this display/programming card. This machine isn't particularly error sensitive like the others

Comment

Might want to check the glass fuse, left side center board, doult if this is the problem, but you never know...

Comment

Opened it up last night and verified all plugs were connected and tight and checked the fuse- nothing looked bad or out of place...
          Any other troubleshooting I can do?

Comment

Nope, Front panel issue.

Comment

How do I get a new one?

Comment

Unkown as you never supplied your serial#

Comment

Sorry-
                  LE388827

Comment

Parts are obsolete, surprise, surprise

Comment

So... anything I can do? I pulled the board out and nothing looks wrong with it visually, as in nothing is burnt up...

Comment

Verry seldom does anything LOOK burned up, but if you get a low powered microscope, one of the linears will be damaged at the pins. Reaaly tough machine to troubleshoot....

Comment

What do you mean by a linear?

Comment

Originally posted by speedysprocket View Post
                            What do you mean by a linear?

Surface mounted 4/6/8 pin linear / flat programed and unprogrammed transistors/scrs, and other electronics

Comment

So try to reflow the solder or you're saying the actual components could be bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X