warning light on hour meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning light on hour meter

My bobcat 225 will not start...red light on hour meter comes on inside of the yellow triangle on the meter. Meter shows total hours when switched to "idle" and then -99.9 when switched to "run"...no spark when switched to "start".

Local tech says it could be a bad meter...any ideas?

Thanks,

Brett

Since no one else has commented, I will put in my two cents. When any complex system exhibits multiple problems, there is likely to be only one root cause.

You need to go back to basics and figure out why you have no spark. Is there any power going to the coil or electronic ignition? It could be as simple as a bad switch or a broken wire. Whenever you fix what is broken and get it to start, I bet that your hourmeter will start to work normally.

Richard

Originally posted by brett.campbell View Post
    My bobcat 225 will not start...red light on hour meter comes on inside of the yellow triangle on the meter. Meter shows total hours when switched to "idle" and then -99.9 when switched to "run"...no spark when switched to "start".

Local tech says it could be a bad meter...any ideas?

Thanks,

Brett
    Syncrowave 200, Millermatic 211, Victor torch, Propane forge....

Comment

Usually just means it needs an oil change and you neglected to change it back to zero. As it doesn't start, this gage is also the murfy for the unit. May be the gage, maybe that your really low on oil, or not charging. Alot of variables,,,,,

Comment

Working...
      X