What Kids of Deals are These??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kids of Deals are These??

What KINDS of deals are these -- can't edit the topic heading.....

Anyway, just curious, saw these on local CL today.....

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/tls/4488693681.html

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/tls/4488682971.html

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mbramble; 05-26-2014, 09:25 AM.

Not really fond of the 180, but the 251 is sweet, actually much better than the 252

Comment

I keep a good eye on Syncrowave prices, and $1500 is somewhat high for a 180. $1100 would be more like it, but of course it depends on how much you need it, and how long you can wait for the best deal.

Not sure about the 251 price, but that may be closer to being reasonable. It looks new.

Richard

Originally posted by mbramble View Post
      What KINDS of deals are these -- can't edit the topic heading.....

Anyway, just curious, saw these on local CL today.....

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/tls/4488693681.html

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/tls/4488682971.html

Thanks,
      Mike
      Syncrowave 200, Millermatic 211, Victor torch, Propane forge....

Comment

I'm not looking to buy either. I'm happy with my little Multimatic 200 No, I was just curious about the whole "price is firm, I'm not giving it away" language from the ad. The owner of these machines has obviously died and I was just wondering if the person doing the selling knew the true value (which I certainly don't) or is just going off what someone may have told him about the value....

Comment

251 looks high for no bottle. I'd probably pay that if it had a 200 cuft + bottle and was super clean. It is a nice machine though. I love mine.
          MillerMatic 251
          Maxstar 150 STH
          Cutmaster 42
          Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
            Not really fond of the 180, but the 251 is sweet, actually much better than the 252

I'm just curious....you say that the 251 is much better than the 252. I don't own any Miller stock but I do have a 252 and I've used a 250 as well. In what way is the 251 a better machine?...in your opinion, of course.
            Miller Syncrowave 200
            Milermatic 252
            Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Comment

Originally posted by Synchroman View Post
              In what way is the 251 a better machine?...in your opinion, of course.
              I have used a MM252 everyday since it was new in 2011. It has never let me down even once and i have made piles of money with it close to 200 grand so far. But i can't stand that downward pointing cable for the mig gun and the goofy drive roll set up. It was all because of the drop down menu compartment which i could live without and could have been put some other place. Just my thoughts...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                I have used a MM252 everyday since it was new in 2011. It has never let me down even once and i have made piles of money with it close to 200 grand so far. But i can't stand that downward pointing cable for the mig gun and the goofy drive roll set up. It was all because of the drop down menu compartment which i could live without and could have been put some other place. Just my thoughts...Bob
                I understand that the straight cables were getting broken where the cable inserts into the face of the machine and that was the reason for the change of the angle. My friend has an MM 250 that I really like and it has the straight-fitted cable. Either one seems OK with me.

I'm not sure what is different about the drive roll installation since I've not used a 251. The drive roll on my 252 seems to work nicely.

It sounds like you are doing OK with the machine as is. Mine sure does nicely.
                Miller Syncrowave 200
                Milermatic 252

Comment

Just about a month ago my buddy picked up a 251 for $850 in nice shape. I which I saw it first. .

Comment

Too many hidden and sub menus in the 252. I mean if you know how the menues work , thats one thing, alot of call outs where someone has screwed up the internal settings, also the drive is a little awkward. The 251 is basically a 252 without all the hub bub. The 250X is virtually the same as the 251, just has 2 scr packs instead of 1. The 250, well that was another story, basically had to reroute a wire to get any speed out of the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                      Too many hidden and sub menus in the 252. I mean if you know how the menues work , thats one thing, alot of call outs where someone has screwed up the internal settings, also the drive is a little awkward. The 251 is basically a 252 without all the hub bub. The 250X is virtually the same as the 251, just has 2 scr packs instead of 1. The 250, well that was another story, basically had to reroute a wire to get any speed out of the drive.
                      I understand what you mean about the sub-menus. I handle that issue by copying the pages from the manual that deal with them so that they are handy in my shop. That way if I want to do something like stitch welding, I just look at the menu and set it.

Once things are set up, it's an excellent machine. I can't imagine buying anything else. It sure does a job on 1/2" steel plate.

My favorite of the earlier Millers is the MM200. My friend, who is a professional machinist and welder and runs a solo shop has one that I've used extensively. It's over 30 years old and has been used hard all that time. It's still going, too.
                      Miller Syncrowave 200
                      Milermatic 252

Comment

Grieving Widow

Originally posted by mbramble View Post
                        I'm not looking to buy either. I'm happy with my little Multimatic 200 No, I was just curious about the whole "price is firm, I'm not giving it away" language from the ad. The owner of these machines has obviously died and I was just wondering if the person doing the selling knew the true value (which I certainly don't) or is just going off what someone may have told him about the value....
                        Obviously a grieving widow.

Good Luck
                        Bob
                        Millermatic 252 w/30A
                        Big Blue Air Pak
                        Ellis 3000 Band Saw
                        Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
                        8-RC
                        Dynasty 200 DX
                        XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
                        Millermatic 211
                        Passport Plus