X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWK
    replied
    pjseaman,

If you have a local welding shop, inquire about what's available. I know you can find flux cored Ni alloys, but not sure about bare wire Ni alloys. I am not sure Ni 99% is available either way. Let me look around town and I'll get back to you. If you don't hear back in a day or two, then shoot me an email.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Hawk, Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate your input along with the others on this forum. One last thing where can I get a spool of Ni99 wire.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    A CV mchine willl not support smaw. However, you can purchase a small spool of nickel alloy flux cored wire and use your your MM210 as intended.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    You won't get an arc that you can use, I don't think. I tried putting a stick electrode holder once in a CV unit, an old Miller CP-200. The arc wouldn't last more than a second.

This was a long time ago, before I even knew there was a difference between the Constant Voltage of a MIG welder, and the Constant Current of a Stick or TIG welder.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    started a topic Doing things I'm not supposed to!

Doing things I'm not supposed to!

I own a mm210 with the spoolgun and occasionally I need to weld with NI99 could I use a stick cable and electode holder with the gas off and just tie down the trigger on the spoolgun to initiate the power?
Working...
X