Dynasty 200DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200DX

Just bought this machine as a retirement present to myself. Need feedback on how to use machine, any hints or suggestions welcome. Just wired the garage for it and having a hard time with some of the directions. My first try was only as a regular arc welder and every thing worked fine. Now ready to try tig welding steel and then aluminum. Have been playing around trying to gas weld aluminum. Hope the tig is a lot easier.
    duane

The most important thing to keep in mind when learning to tig weld is to stop if you get frustrated and take a break. Most of the frustration will come from grounding out the tungsten to the work and having to resharpen it or blowing holes in thin metal. I would highly recommend either getting some lessons from an experienced tig welder or taking a few classes -this will drastically shorten the learning curve and you will be much happier with your purchase. I would not even think about trying aluminum untill you can comfortably weld thin( 16 or 18 gage steel) and then have someone coaching you - it is very challanging to learn, but once mastered, looks easy - it's not.
    Nunzio1

Comment

Mr. Garagehermit,
      I too, recently purchased the Dynasty 200 DX. It's a great machine. I started out on aluminum and within an hour was welding about 12-14 inches per minute. Using the thumb current control, 75% ac/dc mix, 70% en, 15 cfh argon, and 125 hz, works very well on .100 aluminum sheet. Keep the 2% thoriated electrodes sharp. Another option from trial and error is 190 hz, 50% ac/dc mix, 30% en dc, everything else the same. This will cause the electrode to ball, but I have found that it speeds initial heating / cleaning. I'm still a novice at this, but have really enjoyed playing with my new 200 DX. Have tried a little steel with success. Follow the general settings in the owners manual.

Comment

The Dynasty 200DX is a great machine. Scrap the 2% thoriated tungsten on AC and try ceriated tungsten-less balling, stays sharp and compliments the frequency adjustment for the tight arc. It also yields a cleaner puddle. Personal preference I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X