Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regal2800
    replied
    the harbor freight one and the grizzly one are both pretty much the same thing. I had the grizzly tool and didn't like it at all. and no matter how much i adjusted it i couldn't get it to cut straight.

Leave a comment:

• carman
    replied
    Thanks for the input

Leave a comment:

• BD1
    replied
    ! bought the harbor freight ones years ago, it was really inexpensive then. Used every weekend at least for a few hours . The thing is still going. All you need to do is buy good blades and build a real stand for it. I will buy a real one when it
    dies, buy the thing keeps going. Cuts square right out of the box.
    Here's some postings from the WELDINGWEB site.
    http://weldingweb.com/search.php?searchid=4230841

If the images don't show up you may have to join. It's free.

Leave a comment:

• milkerman
    replied
    Baileigh makes good band saws I bought the bs-128m its a mitering head band saw with a nice base it is on there web site for $595 but shipping is extra.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Most of the 4x6 saws are made in the same plant. So pick your color and price wisely. I have 3 4x6 saws that have cut thousands of parts for my ceilingtrains and metal for my machine shop some being 4" solid bar. The blade is the key to the little saws operation as the saws can be adjusted to cut perfect. Get a good Bi Metal and it will last. One thing i did on all 3 saws was drain the factory lube and add new after cleaning the box out. I have read about sand in the gearbox. The metal stand is a bit to be desired and too low for me so i built new ones that were stiffer and higher to suit...Bob

Leave a comment:

• carman
    started a topic Bandsaw for the house?

Bandsaw for the house?

Looking to get a small 115v horizontal band saw for the home shop.

I've found Harbor freight 4x6 1 hp for $269, a Jet 5x6 1/2 hp for $476 and a Grizzly 4x6 3/4 hp for $404 shipped.

Anybody got anything good or bad to report about these three. I'm leaning towards the Grizzly and away from the Habor freight.

Are there any other brands you would recomend would like to stay under $600 shipped.

Thanks
    Sammy
Working...
X