Steel size charts for a rookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel size charts for a rookie

I am a rookie welder. I have had a small no name wire feed for years and just upgraded to a Miller 175 wire feed. I am a "hobby" welder so this machine though small-is fantastic for the work I do.

What I am looking for is a complete chart regarding standard steel sizes. Is there a chart someone has that shows complete dimensions for steel stock? Or does someone know of a website that has it?

an example of what I'm looking for...What is the "inside" measurement of 2x2x .14 gauge?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

brubin,
    I have 2 of the books you are needing, sorry but they're in my bucket at work. I know one is the "pipe fabricator's handbook" and the other is, I THINK ,the "pipefitter's guide". They are full of useful,everyday info on what you are looking for. I'll check the forum again Thurs. and if you leave an e-mail address, I'll forward to you the exact name and order info from the front of these 2 fine handbooks.Good luck!!
    Mike
    MACH 4 Welding
    Nokomis,Ill

Comment

brubin,
      The books I wrote about are:
      pipe fabricator's blue book

pipe fitter's blue book

Both are written by W.V. Graves

address:
      Graves Publishing Co.
      P.O. Box 57924
      Webster Tx. 77598

phone # :
      [281]480-2405

Hope this info gives you what you are looking for. I believe the price for each book is around 16.00 each.
      Mike
      MACH 4 Welding

Comment

Hey Brubin,
        The easiest and quickest way to get most of the info you need is go by your nearest steel supply and just ask for a catalog. You will find std. weights, sizes and specs. I use several suppliers so I have many cross references.
        Geo

Comment

Material information

Frustrating how hard stuff like this can be. Try getting a striaght forward defintion on filler rods and their application. Try the following web site: www.engineersedge.com

Comment

See if this link helps.

http://www.metalsuppliersonline.com/Default.asp

Comment

Working...
            X